Sidebar displaying below content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sidebar displaying below content

We have just upgraded to 2016 but I am having issues with the sidebar displaying below all products:

http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Ski_s-p1.html

I can see that it is happening because the 'left-sidebar" div is outside of the "left-area" div. However, it isn't on Sellerdeck. This is only happening once live online.

Has anyone got any ideas why it is doing this? Filtering is set to default view so does it use a different layout that isn't shown in preview?

Cheers.

To add to this, I have disabled filtering as default on one page and it displays correctly:

http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Ski-Touring.html

What is strange is that even when I filter the page down it is still correct! It is as though if it loads correctly, it won't ever break!

Comment

In the first example page the <div id="left-sidebar> has been moved outside the <div id="left-area>. The latter occupies 100% of the width, so there's no room for the sidebar and it's forced to the bottom of the page.

In the second page the two divs are correctly positioned with respect to each other. I can't tell from the generated pages why the two pages are different.

The fix would be to move <div id="left-sidebar> back inside the <div id="left-area>.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Sail and Ski View Post
        I can see that it is happening because the 'left-sidebar" div is outside of the "left-area" div. However, it isn't on Sellerdeck. This is only happening once live online.
        I can see that but as my first post explained, this is not how it is coded within sellerdeck on the section layout.

It has something to do with filtering being default.

Comment

Sorry, what I mean is that out of the box the two divs are in the same relative position regardless of whether filtering is the default view or not; and it's not possible to see from the generated pages why your site is different.

Do you use the same Web Page Outer Layout throughout the site? Have any of your layouts or your Javascript been customised?

Do you use the services of a web designer? And do you have SellerDeck Cover?
          Bruce Townsend

Comment

Btw how did you disable the right sidebar? Did you use the Design Wizard (or the setting in Settings | Site Options | Design Wizard for the number of sidebars, which does the same thing)?
            Bruce Townsend

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
              Btw how did you disable the right sidebar? Did you use the Design Wizard (or the setting in Settings | Site Options | Design Wizard for the number of sidebars, which does the same thing)?
              It was done ages ago as we just updated from 2014 but I appear to have just removed the code in the layouts used. Pretty much everything is heavily customised.

Comment

If that setting is set to 'Two Sidebars' you could try changing it to 'One Sidebar'. As well as hiding the right sidebar, that normally changes the width of the other elements to match. It might make a difference or it might not, depending where you've customised the CSS already.
                Bruce Townsend

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                  If that setting is set to 'Two Sidebars' you could try changing it to 'One Sidebar'. As well as hiding the right sidebar, that normally changes the width of the other elements to match. It might make a difference or it might not, depending where you've customised the CSS already.
                  No luck unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                  X