Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping cart hidden as default while checking out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping cart hidden as default while checking out?

I'm currently upgrading from v14 to v16 (I know this has been asked before) but it also looks to me as if the shopping cart is hidden by default on checkout. I would like it displayed as default with the option to hide. I've tried reverting the "Checkout Shopping Cart Grid layout" to factory settings as per this post: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56932 but with no success - I may be doing something wrong!

I also found a similar post: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56460 that appears to indicated the same problem, but I've no idea what the mentioned "fix" is and I'm not aware of installing it.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Yes, in SellerDeck 2016 the cart details are hidden by default in the checkout, but this can be changed.

The Advanced User Guide article "Making ‘Hide Cart Details’ the Default in the Checkout" uses a toggle that basically reverses the default setting. So in SellerDeck 2016 you can use it to the opposite effect, to make the change you want. The steps are as follows:

1. Select ‘Library’ from the ‘Design’ menu and select the ‘Layouts’ tab.
    2. Scroll down and expand the ‘Shopping Cart Table’ section, and double-click the ‘Checkout Shopping Cart Grid’ layout to open it.
    3. Scroll down and find the </div> tag on the last line but one of the layout, and insert a new blank line immediately above it.
    4. Paste the following code into the new line:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    SetShoppingCartVisibility();
    </script>
    5. Click ‘OK’ and then ‘Close’.
    6. ‘Publish to Web’ to upload the change.

I hope this helps
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Excellent, many thanks for your help and prompt response, all working the way I want now!

Comment

Working...
      X