Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Hughes
    replied
    I'd have to say that I don't think encryption of the hard drive does much in the way of protecting people's data anyway.

The biggest risks of loss of data have to be from a remote hack, unauthorised access or misuse / copying of the data by employees. Encryption of the hard drive doesn't achieve much at all in these circumstances.

What it will do is protect the data if your computer gets lost or stolen, which is probably a reasonable risk if you use sellerdeck on a laptop.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• feemish
    replied
    Good idea but bitlocker isnt available on all Windows versions.
    I am using Windows 7 professional and bitlocker isnt available on that.

Leave a comment:

• graphicz
    replied
    This is just my personal view and without any warranty express or implied, but I don't see that back office security is down to the software (Sellerdeck). This is something we as business owners need to address and take respoonsibility for ourselves. It is about developing good practice in the acquisition and care of people's data as I have stated above.

I think we might need to keep site folders and snapshots on encrypted drives. Encryption is built in to Windows and its said not to slow the machine down.

I would suggest running the site folder off an external or second internal HDD and encrypting that.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2308...tion-tool.html

Leave a comment:

• Mantra
    replied
    Jonathan
    I raised a question on the wish section topic on security of personal data retained at back office level concerning encryption of personal details contained in the ActinicCatalog database as yet unanswered and I wondered if you have a view on this aspect?
    Martin
    Mantra Audio
    Last edited by Mantra; 09-Feb-2018, 02:52 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• graphicz
    started a topic New GDPR Privacy Data Regulations

New GDPR Privacy Data Regulations

There is a thread about the New GDPR Privacy Data Regulations on the wishlist section of this forum to which I have added a lot of information about GDPR and making sites compliant without needing to upgrade Sellerdeck (without warranty express or implied).

I do not wish to duplicate but as it is a current topic you can read about it here:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...t=57398&page=2
Working...
X