Can't send emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't send emails

I have a problem on my Sellerdeck 2016 site where I cannot send emails. It has been going on for some time and I have been working round it. Since email works with every other program my web hosts said it must be a sellerdeck problem.

When I try and send emails it eventually just times out.

When I run the network set up wizard it gets to the email section and the error in the attached picture appears. The file it mentions is where it says it should be. I have installed Sellerdeck on a second computer and have the same error.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

It's hard to say what your problem with email is without more details but I can't help wondering if the message you're seeing is related to a similar one that's being reported in V18 (and apparently exists in 16.0.3)

https://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=57565

Your best bet might be to avoid the design wizard when setting up your emails.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Others have reported this. See https://community.sellerdeck.com/sho...d.php?p=355986

Best use Web / Network Setup to do the configuration as this bypasses the buggy wizard.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The message I am getting is exactly what I am getting running the wizard in 16.0.3. There is no fix for it there.

However, my real problem is I cannot send emails. I ran the wizard to try and fix it. I assumed this was something to do with the problem. If I run the test in network set up everything comes back ok. I even get a test email send to my email address.

When I try and send an email Sellerdeck eventually says:
        "SellerDeck received a gateway timeout error from the web server. The server is too busy right now. Try again later."

If I click "view response" it says in a webpage:

"Gateway Timeout
        The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."

As I sell mainly electronic downloads from the website now people need emails to get their download links. I have been doing this manually recently. But it also means if you try and reset a password or send an email from the site (using a contact me form) nothing is sent.

Comment

There have been reports in the past about the gateway timeout error.

The solution posted in this thread might work

https://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54104

Mind you it's unlikely this is the problem as that's for a problem that's been fixed since then.

Mike

Comment

I think it might be best if you can give some more details about your hosting and email settings.

Which website is it for?

Mike

Comment

The fix in that other site did not work, unfortunately. The website is www.dvctraining.co.uk.

I am hosted with Fasthosts so using their standard email settings which I use with various email programs and devices - Thunderbird, Windows mail and my phone. They use livemail.co.uk for SMTP.

There is very little else to configure. It actually went wrong a few weeks ago but as I do not sell much on this site I have been living with the problem. I did try changing the ports a couple of weeks ago using information from another thread I found (and which I cannot find now, of course!) here but that had no effect.

Up until yesterday it would fail the test in network settings too. (not using the Wizard, just entering some settings and clicking text). Toady it passes the text but if I go to an order and ask it to send an email it still fails with this error.

Comment

Just wondering if Norman's patch to use SendMail would work for you? it certainly helped when 1and1 users had email issues:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54980 and post here http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?p=343098.

Patch here http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuf...eadoOfSMTP.txt
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Sendgrid

I use Sendgrid (free version) for my smtp emails. You have to change the smtp port in Actinic.pm AND in TestSettings.pl (change 25 to 2525), as well as the web settings in Sellerdeck as given by Sendgrid.

Sarah

Comment

Are you using websmpt.livemail.co.uk as recommended here: https://help.fasthosts.co.uk/app/ans...0smtp%20server

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. I did investigate Norman's solution some time ago but it did not work then. I will have to have another go.

I was not using that Fasthosts setting but when I changed to that server the test in sellerdeck says: "SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!"

Comment

Have you got the username and password required box ticked? If so, try unticking it.

If that doesn't work your best bet is probably to talk to the people at Fasthosts and find out what settings they want.

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
                          I was not using that Fasthosts setting but when I changed to that server the test in sellerdeck says: "SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!"
                          I usually find that means that it needs to use port 587.

Have you updated the STMP port in the scripts? Details here https://community.sellerdeck.com/sho...d.php?p=293175
                          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately none of it has worked. Since I only sell a few items off the site I had an alternative which was ot abandon Sellerdeck and use something else. I used to sell a lot more stuff but now I just sell a few tutorials which are very low cost. I found I could do this with Wordpress and Woocommerce quite easily so have gone that route. I have been evaluating it for ages and the email problem was the last straw.

If I was still selling everything I used to then it would not be an option.

Once again thanks to everyone for the help.

Comment

Hi David,

Are you using Windows 10? There was a bug we reported to Sellerdeck customers a few months back where a new version of Windows 10 broke networking which caused emails to stop sending. v18 certainly fixes it (there are special versions of v16 which do fix the problem, but they may not be suitable for your situation).

If you've a Sellerdeck Cover contract, please do give support a call.

Thanks,
                              Justin
                              Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Working...
                              X