V16 Multi-User errors with windows 10 machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V16 Multi-User errors with windows 10 machines

The issues we have is with multi-users, we have 4 user licences in addition to our main software license.

Main machine hosting Sellerdeck is Windows 8.1 64 bit.

2 workstations on Windows 7 32 bit, no problems connecting to Sellerdeck. (These machines are due to be retired in June)

The problems we have is with the 2 new machines running Windows 10 64 bit.
    One machine is an AMD Ryzen 1600X CPU, 16gb of Ram, SSD drive The other machine is an I3 CPU, 8gb of Ram SSD Drive.

Both machines get errors every time when trying to connect with database, got copies of log files showing errors, and getting system resource exceeded errors. We have no errors at all with the windows 7 32 bit machines, they happily connect, yet their specs are way way below the windows 10 machines.

Has anyone come across these errors and is there something simple we are missing?

I get these same problems on both my client machines. Windows 10, SD 16.0.4, 3 user setup. Almost always get a system resources exceeded error on the client machines. Didn't get it on V14 running on the same machines, only since the upgrade. One of the client machines is a really high spec with 16GB ram so I cant understand how resources could be an issue.
    Mark Lowery
    Lomo

Comment

Originally posted by marklow View Post
      I get these same problems on both my client machines. Windows 10, SD 16.0.4, 3 user setup. Almost always get a system resources exceeded error on the client machines. Didn't get it on V14 running on the same machines, only since the upgrade. One of the client machines is a really high spec with 16GB ram so I cant understand how resources could be an issue.
      SellerDeck is 32bit, your machine will never use the full amount of RAM for SD. When it exceeds the 32bit memory limit it would crash. 16.0.5 was developed in order to get over memory leak issues - perhaps contact SD support and see if they can give you this version?

I believe our previous developer had issues with the inbuilt version of Internet Explorer when we upgraded from Win 7 > Win 10, however I was not with the company at that point so I'm unable to clarify.
      Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

We've not had this problem (currently on SQL v16.0.4 - but previously on MSACCESS v16.0.3)
        - Data is held on SBS2011 Server (64bit 16Gb Mem), and 3x users using workstations with i5 4570, Win 10 Pro 64Bit, 16Gb Mem, SSD

Only problem I have with loading Sellerdeck is SyncServer doesn't work when VMWare network adapters are enabled
        (I just disable those adapters to resolve that issue as I only use VM testing locally)

Comment

Working...
        X