Coding for .htaccess file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coding for .htaccess file

SD is recommending we hide certain files like *.fil, *.session etc by using the .htaccess file. I've been sent this code template for that:

>>>>>For example, if you want to block config.inc.php and config_smtp.inc.php, you can use something like this:

<FilesMatch "^(config\.inc\.php|config_smtp\.inc\.php)$">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    </FilesMatch>

As I'm not a developer I wanted to check with those who know that this will work with SD18. Any other more SD-friendly code welcomed.
    Thanks

Hi Paul,

The code listed here seems to have been tested and working by Jonathan https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...236#post540236

Mike

PS. The forum update seems to have removed everybodies signature from their posts. You have to go into your account and set the option again.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike. Confirms the coding I found at another source.

Comment

Hi,

Following the GDPR recommendations from SellerDeck and upgrading to v18, this htaccess file is one of the last parts I need to do and I am not that sure exactly what is required of me to do and what isn't, my response from SellerDeck is basically that they will do the work but it's not covered by support contract so they will charge us. Can anyone recommend what exactly I need to with regards to htaccess to be secure for GDPR?
        Thanks
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I wonder if this post would help? https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...236#post540236

Thanks,
          Justin
          Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor View Post
            Hi Jon,

I wonder if this post would help? https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...236#post540236

Thanks,
            Justin
            Thanks for reply, he offers this code:
            <FilesMatch "\.(fil|session|authorise|mail)$"> Order Allow,Deny Deny from all </FilesMatch> Do you know where I input that in SelerDeck? Thanks

Comment

I think there's been confusion somewhere - we can certainly do this for your if you use our hosting. I've emailed our Support Manager to contact you but we may need a day or so to get our ducks in a row!
              Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Hi J,

Thanks for your response. That would be really helpful and appreciated as I think to do this myself is somewhat above my knowledge at the moment and I don't want to get it wrong.

Regards

Jon

Comment

Working...
                X