Mail settings for 1and1 on v18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail settings for 1and1 on v18

I'm setting up a site on 1and1 to do some tests...

What should I use for the mail settings in Sellderdeck v18 for 1and1?

I used to use the SendRichMail fix from Norman (https://community.sellerdeck.com/showpost.php?p=355998)
    with SMTP server = mrvnet.kundenserver.de

But "sub SendRichMail" does not exist on v18's Actinic.pm (there is only a "sub SendMail")

I assume there are some changes, as I found in v16.03, "sub SMTPAuthentication" was in Actinic.pm, but in v18 it's in (a new file?) SmtpLibrary.pm
    - there is also a "sub SendMailLegacy" in that same file

I've managed to setup sendgrid... emails seem to be working now

Comment

The Sendgrid service is really good. It's great that they show you the deliverability stats as well (although only for the last 3 days on the free service).
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,
        We've upgraded to v2016 with having to apply Normans Sendmail fix (Actinic.pm), but am now testing V2018, at the risk of being thick, how did you setup sendgrid? is this on 1and1 hosting (I'm on Business Pro)?

Thanks
        John.
        John
        Sheltons of Peterborough Ltd
        www.sheltonsfishing.co.uk

Comment

Hi John.

Sendgrid are an external email provider. They offer several levels of service but the free service lets you send 100 emails a day. See there website here https://sendgrid.com/

You then setup sellerdeck to send emails via sendgrid as detailed here (from post 16 onwards) https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...1-server/page2

Because of the changes to the scripts in V18 the script changes are slightly different.

Mike

Comment

You can also use Mail Jet - I have this working well on a few client sites.
            :
            https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...tp-mail-server
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer
            SellerDeck Website Designer
            Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
            Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

I'm not sure Mail Jet will work with 1and1 which would be a shame as it looks good. When I set up Sendgrid I found that 1and1 were blocking outgoing mail on ports 25 and 587 but that 2525 wasn't blocked.

From what I can see on the Mail Jet site they only seem to be support ports 25 and 587. It would be good if they can also support 2525.

Comment

It would need to be tested on a 1&1 install - I will ticketMailJet.

In the meantime they suggest using TLS/SSL and port 465 as an alternative.
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer
                SellerDeck Website Designer
                Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Hi guys,
                  thanks for all the responses.
                  I will get V16 live with sendmail this week and then start looking into SendGrid with V18 so we can get live on that ASAP.

John.
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by Sheltons View Post
                    Hi guys,
                    thanks for all the responses.
                    I will get V16 live with sendmail this week and then start looking into SendGrid with V18 so we can get live on that ASAP.

John.
                    Hi,
                    been playing with v2018 and email today but no joy with using SendGrid.
                    Code:
                    SendMail: Unable to establish an SMTP connection to smtp.sendgrid.net
                    Net::SMTP: connect: timeout
                    Tried Test Button and uploading to a Dev Site and doing a Contact us submission.

Set SMTP to smtp.sendgrid.net
                    Tried with and without Secure SMTP ticked
                    Username and Password are what I use to log into Sendgrid as Mike Hughes Post - Link
                    I have edited SmtpLibrary.pm and replaced both entries for 25 to 2525.
                    We have a Business Pro account with 1and1.

What am I missing? Has SendGrid ceased port 2525?

John.
                    John

Comment

Hi John,

I've just tested this for you with V18.0.2 and 1and1 still works with sendgrid using port 2525

The thing with V18 is that you have to make 2 changes to the email script smtplibrary.pm.

1. Set the port to 2525:

Code:
                      $nPort = 2525;
                      2. Edit the script so that it actually uses the port declaration you've just made:

change

Code:
                      my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_host, Debug => $debug, Timeout => $nTimeout, Domain => PF_INET);
                      To

Code:
                      my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_host, Debug => $debug, Timeout => $nTimeout, Domain => PF_INET, Port => $nPort);
                      This was line 482 in V18.1, Seems to be Line 496 in V18.2

I've just tested in the network test, 'Contact Us' and sending an email from the desktop and all the emails came through OK.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                        Hi John,

I've just tested this for you with V18.0.2 and 1and1 still works with sendgrid using port 2525

The thing with V18 is that you have to make 2 changes to the email script smtplibrary.pm.

1. Set the port to 2525:

Code:
                        $nPort = 2525;
                        2. Edit the script so that it actually uses the port declaration you've just made:

change

Code:
                        my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_host, Debug => $debug, Timeout => $nTimeout, Domain => PF_INET);
                        To

Code:
                        my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_host, Debug => $debug, Timeout => $nTimeout, Domain => PF_INET, Port => $nPort);
                        This was line 482 in V18.1, Seems to be Line 496 in V18.2

I've just tested in the network test, 'Contact Us' and sending an email from the desktop and all the emails came through OK.

Mike
                        Hi Mike,
                        Thanks, Line 482 was the key, I did not see this in the original instructions. Test completes without error. I didn't receive an email but I will upload (updated from 18.0.1 to 18.0.2) later today and test purchase, contact form......

Thanks.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Sheltons View Post

Hi Mike,
                          Thanks, Line 482 was the key, I did not see this in the original instructions. Test completes without error. I didn't receive an email but I will upload (updated from 18.0.1 to 18.0.2) later today and test purchase, contact form......

Thanks.
                          Didn't work from Website either so inspected our Exchange Logs and low and behold:

Code:
                          Timestamp       : 01/11/2018 13:59:48
                          SmtpResponse    : 550 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been found on a block list
                          Reason          : BlockListProvider
                          ReasonData      : SpamCop IP Block List Provider
                          So I have added the IP that was blocked to the white-list,re-tested and it got through.

Can't seem to find a list of IP's to put in the whitelist for SendGrid at the moment. Will keep looking, can't believe it will be only one IP.

Thanks
                          John.
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X