Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fix for PSP-568 in v18 now gives multiple shipping options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fix for PSP-568 in v18 now gives multiple shipping options...

Been updating a few sites since 2am... just done a test to see how v18 resolve this problem:

PayPal accounts without County/State no longer break PayPal Express Checkout, PSP-568
    When a customer had no/invalid County on their Paypal address, it used to display an error page to the customer and their order process stops there.

What it does now is take you back to our site on the shipping option page with a drop-down to select the County.

The customer can now select a County from the drop down list.

However, this page is static and the shipping options is directly beneath and does not change according to the selected County,
    so now it shows every single shipping option for every County/State for the UK in one go.

I expected the fix was to give a separate page and then click on to get to the final shipping page...

I'm bit tired of trying to get Paypal Express to work now... it's been well over 6 months since we've started to implement shipping by County (on Selllerdeck support's advice)

A little tired of Sellerdeck overall...

Hope someone here has a quick fix or something
    Attached Files

I advised this to Sellerdeck Support on 8th July 2018

I've found a way... but I don't think the customers will do it...

Once I've selected the county, I clicked confirm (without entering some of the required fields)
    This forces the page to refresh, showing the error message that some fields are not filled - in refreshing the page, the shipping options were now correct...

Again... I don't think the customers will ever know or even follow this...
    I chased today...

Is it possible to force a refresh of a page on selecting a drop-down box in the checkout?

On searching... I found this article:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ect-box-option

Comment

You could use javascript onchange to submit the form and update the page.

i.e.

onchange="this.form.submit()

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-dropdown-list

It would probably be nicer to use the onchange to rewrite the shipping charge options as that would remove the error message but it would require a bit more code
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Did a test order to have a look at the souce code... the page name shows os000001.pl

Note: This is way beyond me, I'm no coder... anyway:

I took a copy of the source, and the drop down's fist line is "Select State", I searched for that and 1 result, it is this bit:

<select id="lstDeliveryRegion" name="LocationDeliveryRegion" tabindex="NETQUOTEVAR:TABINDEXDELIVERADDRESS4" onchange="StateDropdownChanged(this);">
        <option value="UndefinedRegion">Select state/province if applicable
        <option value="UK.UK060">
        Aberdeen City
        Long list of counties and ends with this

<option value="US.WY">
        Wyoming
        </select>
        I'm guessing the change must be done between these "select"s,
        but there is already an "onchange"...

Should I change:
        onchange="StateDropdownChanged(this);"
        to :
        onchange="this.form.submit()"

Comment

I'm no coder... I was thinking the ; was a bit weird in :
          "StateDropdownChanged(this);"

but looking at:
          https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...nge-this-value

is this possible? :
          onchange="StateDropdownChanged(this);this.form.submit()"

Comment

I notice this line:
            <select id="lstDeliveryCountry" name="LocationDeliveryCountry" tabindex="NETQUOTEVAR:TABINDEXDELIVERCOUNTRY" onchange="DeliveryCountryChanged();">

and has this:
            <script type="text/javascript">
            DeliveryCountryChanged();
            </script>

but this line:

<select id="lstDeliveryRegion" name="LocationDeliveryRegion" tabindex="NETQUOTEVAR:TABINDEXDELIVERADDRESS4" onchange="StateDropdownChanged(this);">

there is no
            <script type="text/javascript">
            StateDropdownChanged(this);
            </script>

Comment

It looks as if Sellerdeck is already using the onchange event to call a javascript function. I don't think you can call multiple functions although you could always create your own javascript function that then calls the sellerdeck one followed by the form submit.

The Javascript functions are defined in the actinicextras.js file so AFAIK the function should be available with it being defined/declared on the page as it's already in the loaded JS file.

This

Code:
              onchange="StateDropdownChanged(this);this.form.submit()"
              won't work.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Support replied also:

The developer is looking at something similar and testing it. Ideally it is preferred that the shipping options are dynamically reloaded, but this will need to be in a release.

The suggested code does not work as there are two submit buttons and the Javascript picks the Cancel button.

I'll have to wait...

Comment

Support has issued a fix for me

The developer assigned your issue has devised a change to the coding which should reload the page.

Please download the following file: -

[1]actinicextras.zip

and unzip it, then copy it into your site folder overwriting the existing file.

Once you have done this, upload the site and then check the operation on the site.
                  The fix worked for us

There were no changes to actinicextras.js between 18.0.1 and 18.0.2 so when upgrading to 18.0.2 the attached actinicextras.js may be dropped into the 18.0.2 site.

When upgrading to a later version the changes would need to be manually reapplied by Sellerdeck unless the official fix for SD-7498 is included in the later version
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X