No announcement yet.

FTP Error Occurred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to call 1and1 as this it looked like this problem was still ongoing for my site.

The word is that apparently they had a ‘glitch’ with their servers that is now fixed but there are two steps that need to be taken for it to be cleared:

1. They have to manually reset the server ( which they seem to be doing on request only).

2. Browsers that saw the problem have to have their contents and data cache cleared for it then to work on them again.

I hope this helps and everyone else has their sites up and running normally again.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

So,

I'm back from holiday and the first thing I always do is update the website to let customers know only now it wasn't working. Turns out to be the same problem with ftp no longer working.

After much trial and error, head scratching, test accounts and WTF moments it turns out that the solution to the FTP problem with 1and1 is really simple.

Previously for 1and1 the Network Settings for the Server Host in FTP Details was just your domain name (e.g. domainname.co.uk). Now it needs to have ftp. in front of it. e.g. ftp.domainname.co.uk

Everything back to normal.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
      X