Change file extension case by Import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change file extension case by Import?

I've got quite a number of images that have an uppercase filename extension that I need to change to lowercase, but it looks like the case is ignored when importing;

Exported the catalogue, used find/replace in Excel to rename extensions from JPG to jpg & did a hierarchical import (Update, Text-Comma, DOS) which imported without error, but the case on the concerned image files remains unchanged.

Is this to be expected & does anyone know of a way around it?

Thanks
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Do the actual files on disk have upper case extensions? If so you will need to bulk rename them. Many utilities exist that will do this. Even a Windows Command Line rename can do it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The files themselves have been renamed & are now all lowercase - it's the references in SD pointing to the files that I'm trying to change now (product image, product thumbnails & so on).

Thanks.

EDIT:- I'm just thinking aloud here & I'm not a fan of editing the database directly, but would running find/replace in Access on the relevant table have the same effect as doing it in Excel & importing it, or are there implications beyond the obvious that I'm missing?

Access 2003 if it makes any odds.

Comment

The problem could be that the import didn't see any change in the file names (as it ignores case) so didn't update any records.

You could try deleting the column(s) in Excel, importing (you should now have no images defined), restore the column(s) in Excel and re-importing.

Alternatively, I don't see any reason not to tweak these columns in the Product table in ActinicCatalog.mdb. Make sure you back-up the database first and that SellerDeck isn't running.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, but that's simple & should work a treat - I bow to your superior knowledge!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X