Gift Vouchers - Can It Be Done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Vouchers - Can It Be Done?

In the build up to Christmas we are considering offering gift vouchers however we really aren't sure how this will work with sellerdecks software, can it be done?

I think they call them Single Use Coupon Codes. Details are in the Sellerdeck help files.

I know they didn't work too well in V11. I haven't used them so no idea what the current situation is.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We have gift vouchers on our site. We send single use coupon codes that we manually email to customers (in a nice PDF doc). The limitations are that they can only be used on 1 order and do not cover shipping. if you have free shipping over a certain value the coupon is taken off before the calculation so it doesn't give free shipping when used. The good news is customers can provide a custom message at time of order. please see site and let me know if you have any questions. thanks tony
      Tony
      www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Comment

Yes, you can create gift voucher products and provision them using the solution that Tony has described above. I know of at least one other Sellerdeck user doing the same thing.

And from v18, you can also enable multiple £ off coupons to be accepted per order, via a checkbox in 'Discounts Surcharges and Coupons Settings > Miscellaneous'.

BUT please note: the method is ONLY permissible under HMRC rules if all your products attract the same rate of VAT. This is because Sellerdeck applies the VAT when the voucher is sold, not when it is redeemed. If your products do not all attract the same rate of VAT, then currently there is no solution available.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X