Pro Shipping or Click and Drop output from SellerDeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Shipping or Click and Drop output from SellerDeck

Just wondered if anyone has managed to get an output from SellerDeck that can easily be manipulated for the new Royal Mail Pro Shipping site. We use average weight services which can be done on this system but need to be able to upload our orders via CSV to get our packing lists to print with the 2d barcode postage label.

The 5 export files from SD are a nightmare to manipulate into one file and so I wondered how everyone else does it!

Has anyone built / had built an API ? About to have to take RMs postage rise for non 2d barcodes on the chin and feeling a bit miffed!

Donna
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

We have been looking at this for weeks, bouncing between Click and Drop and Pro Shipper. royal Mail support and advice changes on what advisor you are taking to. As we understand we will not be able to use either and will have to accept the extra charge for non bar coded. Support on pro shipper is virtually non existent. We understand that whilst it can be setup for average weight if you bring this in as a csv then you can only do it one order at a time. IE useless. Andy at Codepath in my opinion provides the best option to be able to export the relevant data in a csv that can then be mapped. You have to provide every line item with an unpacked weight, plus a total packed weight which you will not know until the item is finally packed.

If anyone at Sellerdeck is looking could you give advice on whether you are aware of the Royal Mail requirement from January to have all overseas packages contain Tariff Codes. So before any Brexit deadline they will require Tariff Codes and Description per SKU to all countries even EU ones. Will this Tariff Code become a standard variable since you can not export without it?

Comment

Any response from Sellerdeck on this?

Comment

I'm not aware that the tarrif code requirement had come to our attention. Thanks for raising it, I will investigate.

On first glance, it seems that where the tariff code is required, country of manufacture is also required: https://business.help.royalmail.com/...g-goods-abroad. Have you come across that?
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

We put this on the back burner over Christmas but its back on the list of things to see now the non-barcode tariff has been applied As far as I understand you can enter without a specific weight and then you pay via a bulk payment method on your average weight ratios.

I believe Jan @ Moleend maybe looking at an output too. I was hoping to be able to tag her in but couldn't work out how too!

I haven't heard anything from Seller Deck on the issue which is a bit disappointing as I was hoping they may look at some form of API or integration.
          Donna

Comment

Just to add, if you use a franking machine then the onerous tariff codes aren't required.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Bruce - is there any news from Seller Deck on whether any form of integration with RM pro shipping will occur? I would have thought that this kind of integration is vital if SD is to match the newer carts which seem to have this kind of thing as standard??
              Donna

Comment

Originally posted by DavidCP View Post
                Andy at Codepath in my opinion provides the best option to be able to export the relevant data in a csv that can then be mapped.
                As per David's comment above, we have an Order Export plug-in which can produce a CSV containing virtually any order data, and also custom variables assigned to the products contained within the order (useful for commodity / tariff codes etc).

Some links below...
                We would be very keen to work directly with anyone who requires any additional data exporting, or customization of the content or format.
                Andy Barrow
                http://www.codepath.biz
                T: 0161 870 6355

Accredited Sellerdeck development partners since 2004.
                Data import / export and catalog management plug-ins.

Comment

Working...
                X