Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG - SD not overwriting non-ssl network settings when importing SSL network settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG - SD not overwriting non-ssl network settings when importing SSL network settings

BUG - SD doesnot overwrite non-ssl network settings when importing SSL network settings

I raised this in May 17 with support and I was dismissed out of hand as 'this doesn't happen'. However:
    I think this is a bug.
    I have had several instances where the following is a real problem. eg:
    • I get a site from the client.
    • I import my test network settings which contain both SSL and non SSL details.
    • Site is switched to All SSL.
    • Work finished client's SSL network settings are imported.
    • Client reports that Links in the html email go to my test site.
    Sure enough the html email uses CatalogURL. and it draws my test non ssl settings even if the non ssl settings are empty in network settings export.

Looking at the database while Setup3 has the correct and current SSL network settings Setup2 still has the test setting's catalogurl.

It is important that Sellerdeck addresses this so that when SSL is on the whole site the network settings writes the SSL urls into the non SSL urls.

This will overwrite any exisitng non SSL details that are NOT overwritten when SSL only network settings are imported.

I know Sellerdeck Support sees people like me as a PITA but I am working on Sellerdeck sites all day, it is all I do, and I do see stuff that doesn't work. It is really disappointing when one reports these things to be dismissed or wrongly blamed as the cause.

Thank you
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

I rememeber this... Export Network Settings then Import that same file to a different site does not 100% work...

I've never reported it as I just thought it was an inconvenience... but if it's your job... then this should be fixed.

Comment

Thanks for reporting, this has been raised as a bug, SD-7606. Basically the export is dependent on the payment security mode of the site (SSL or not / partial SSL - see Business Settings > Payment and Security > Payment Security). If the source and target sites don't have the same security setting, then the network settings are not properly updated.

The workaround is to ensure that both sites have the same setting. Either change the source site before doing the export, or the target site before doing the import.

I hope this helps.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
      X