Order Confirmation Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Confirmation Emails

Since upgrading to SD2018 all the sites I look after have intermittent troubles with sending order confirmation emails.

Occasionally a site will fail to send the order confirmation email to the site owner.

Occasionally a site will fail to send the "New Order Received" email

Occasionally a site will fail to send both emails.

My own SD site - www.canalshop.co.uk - has it happen 2 - 3 times per day.

I've had the host tech support trace the activity and they say that the website is simply not even attempting to make an SMTP connection on those occasions where it fails to send.

Is anyone else suffering from this?
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

We've always had customers who say they did not receive a confirmation email...

It is set so we get a copy also, and whenever a customer calls us with that complaint, it has been 100% that we too don't have it also.

Not sure if it's a v18 specific, I feel this problem has always been there... and we're on Sellerdeck 365 = Sellerdeck Hosting... one of the reasons we're on SD host to see if these kind of problems disappear... One of the reasons we had to drop Paypal Website Payments and switch to Paypal Express.

We only have 1-2 complaints per week... "2-3 times per day" seems a lot.

Comment

The problem of the customer email not being sent if they don't return to the receipt page has been there from the start. Paypal has always been bad for this as they like to use the traffic to make a bit more money for themselves so do their best to tempt the customer away to new offers.

I'm not aware of anything new in this area since V18 but haven't gone live with V18 yet so have no experience to share.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

It happens equally between PayPal and SellerDeck payments. I've checked with customers to see if they are returning to the website to see the Receipt page. All except 2 did.... and none received their emails.

I know that SellerDeck rewrote the SMTP routines as part of SD2018.... just wondered if it is anything to do with that.
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

I upgraded to 18.0.3 on the 2nd November and, since then, I've not had an issue with emails not being sent. And I can't see anything obvious in the release notes that may have contributed.
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Good to know the problem seems to have gone. Not only is there nothing in the release notes but there's no obvious sign that anything has been changed in the SmtpLibrary script ( I was going to do a file compare but realised that I no longer have the 18.0.2 file after upgrading)

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

There were many changes to SmtpLibrary from 18.0.0 to 18.0.1. No changes between 18.0.1 and 18.0.3.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X