How To Get Section Column Count Greater Than 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Get Section Column Count Greater Than 3

Starting with SellerDeck's SMART Responsive Design how do you add new Sections with more than 3 columns. I actually need 14 in two Sections with the rest of the site defaulting to 3.
    In v12 if you changed 'Column Count For First Row Of Section Lists' to say 14 and the 'Column Count For Section Lists' also to 14 in a Section, then Sub-Sections would be arranged in 14 columns.
    In v18 if you set these parameters to 1 you get 1 column, 2 you get 2 columns, 3 you get 3 columns, 4 or higher and you get 1 column. See my settings in the attachment.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop By Fabric Colours v18.PNG
Views:	144
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	550671

How do I work round this?

SellerDeck have now confirmed this is a bug in the software. Anyone else encountered this software bug?

Has anyone any suggestions for a work-round I could try?

I would be very grateful - Gordon

Comment

We need 4 columns with SellerDeck's SMART Responsive Design. Sellerdeck explained to me that they will only offer 3 columns on the standard product. They have a solution for at least 4 columns but it is only offered as a custom/paid for solution. I think they verbally quoted around £1k. This is not cost effective for us.

We would be interested in any solution you might find?

Many thanks
      Tony
      www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Comment

So here we have a basic feature that has been in the product since at least v7 is now broken. Does not seem right that SellerDeck want to charge to fix it.
        I have a support contract but does not look like SellerDeck will be doing anything to help me with this issue.
        If SellerDeck are offering to fix it for a price, then this suggests that it can be fixed. I wonder how many other features have stopped working since the introduction of Responsive Design.

All we can hope is that this bud in the software it gets fix soon!

Comment

Unfortunately the move to responsive design made it really difficult to manage variable column counts. Maintaining the correct width for the number of columns, whilst allowing the number of columns to reduce according to the screen width, was quite complex. We managed to support up to 3, but it proved impractical to go any further.

So it does require a substantial design customisation to support a larger number of columns.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I think Sellerdeck consider it a feature that has not been upgraded into the responsive design. I think that the way it is coded means they need a different set of code for each different number of columns. A bit frustrating for everyone who used it in the old system. It would be interesting to hear if sellerdeck partners have any solutions or would be interested in developing something. I would be willing to pay towards a solution.
            Tony

Comment

Hi Bruce. Thanks for the feedback. Sellerdeck confirmed they have developed 4 columns and it is being used by clients who were willing to pay for it. Since it has been around for some time why not put that live in the main product?
              Tony

Comment

Thanks Bruce for clarifying SellerDeck position on this issue. I also would prefer a 4 column limit for Products and Section. Why can SellerDeck not release the available SAMRT Responsive Design with the 4 column limit to Customer with a need for it? Or at least include it in the next release.

Comment

As far as I know, all we have is a method, which we mainly use when implementing a new design for a customer. I don't think there is discreet set of code that can be applied to one of the standard themes without a lot of manual intervention. I will check for you.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

thank you. anything would help.
                    Tony

Comment

Hi. I am trying to have 3 columns for sections and products as per the limitations Bruce outlined. I can get 3 columns for sections but only 2 columns for sections containing products. The product column count is set to 3 and I am using a responsive product list layout.. Is there something else required?

Many thanks
                      Tony

Comment

I've had a couple of "£xk" custom/paid for solution from Sellerdeck in the past...
                        If I went for it and it appeared in the future release of Sellerdeck... not sure how I'd feel about it - ask for a refund?

Hope this one gets a solution.

Comment

Working...
                        X