Advice on Main Menus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Main Menus?

Hi, I am moving our site to be responsive. The existing site has sections down the left and a series of hard coded link to various places in the main horizontal menu. https://www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

I would like to replicate this on the responsive site. I guess the behaviour is complex because of having to handle various page widths and collapsing when the page width is small enough. have tried using the brochure pages and adding some extra links in the same format. It sort of works but treat the menu items as 2 groups and causes the collapsed menu (for small width pages) to break. It just opens and the closes : http://www.tgurney.co.uk

I was hoping for some ideas on the best way to create the menu that will behave well at all widths?

I would also like to reduce the padding around each menu item to get more menu items on a single line and reduce the overall height of the menu bar. Changing the line height and padding on "#brochure-menu li a" seems to have odd consequences and moves the menu onto 2 lines so I figure I must be going down the wrong path.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Many thanks

Tony
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Hi,

I have managed to get a workable solution on the menus using the existing Sellerdeck brochure and section list.

I noticed you can click anywhere on the horizontal brochure list and it takes you to the relevant page. However on the section list you have got to click on the text to be taken to the relevant page.

I have tried to copy the setup of the brochure links into the section links but it still doesn't have the same behaviour. : http://www.tgurney.co.uk/index.html

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me how to make the whole area on the section link clickable?

Many thanks

tony
    Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

The site looks great, I noticed an error in your checkout though, this text : Total: NETQUOTEVAR:TOTAL is displayed in the top right hand corner. I'm not sure why it isn't converting to the total but I am sure that someone on here will be able to advise.

Kind regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

Thank you for looking and the feedback. That doesn’t sound good. I can’t seem to replicate the error you are seeing. When you say the total do you mean the figure to the right of the click here to see cart details? Is it possible I could trouble you for a screenshot?

many thanks

Tony
        Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

It's not so bad actually, I was downloading your fabulous free quilting pattern for the kimono bags and so only had free items in the basket, if you add a paid for item then the price does show, I have attached an image that shows the issues.

Kind regards,
          Attached Files
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

ok. This is on the non responsive site. Good catch.

If you have any troubles we can send you the pdfs via email. Just let us know which you like.

many thanks

Tony
            Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

Thank you - everything works correctly, I checked out and received the patterns via email and so all good, it is just a display error and probably not that noticeable

Jan.

Comment

Working...
              X