Extra pages & 404 errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra pages & 404 errors

For some reason Sellerdeck is adding extra pages to the server, and the sitemap.

The files are along in the format of -123.html, all numbers.

I can't find any reference to the 30 or so pages it is uploading.

Any idea where I can remove these for good from Sellerdeck?

If I manually remove them from the server, Google reports 404 errors as they are also in the sitemap.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

The extra pages seem to be where sellerdeck thinks you have created pages but possibly left the page name blank?

You can see them on the sitemap where there's a bullet point but no page name. So there's 1 under 'Opening Hours', 1 under 'About Us', 3 under 'Site Security' etc.

I'd look at the site structure to see if you can see any thing there. It's probably also worth doing a database compact and repair.

Mike

PS. This might also be Sellerdeck trying to create 'Single Product Pages' for products that don't exist because it's not a product. I don't use these so can't help much if that's the case.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Many thanks Mike, I will investigate.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

The more I think about it the more I think this

PS. This might also be Sellerdeck trying to create 'Single Product Pages' for products that don't exist because it's not a product. I don't use these so can't help much if that's the case.
        is the case as you have 12 of them under 'Titanium FAQ' and they seem to be Single Product Pages, one for each block of information in your FAQ. I don't know how you're creating those but I'd check they're fragments rather than products.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

This could also be that it thinks you have pagination on, and it generating multiple section pages (ie pagination pages)

Comment

Working...
          X