Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong PERL module on server

Hi there,

I have never been able to use v18 due to an email problem with 1and1 (now called IONOS).

I believe it comes down to this: IONOS's shared servers provide:
    Net::SMTP v2.33
    IO::Socket::SSL v2.002

And the new SMTP handling in v18 requires:
    Net::SMTP v3.1 or higher
    IO::Socket::SSL v2.007 or higher

If I ask IONOS, they say I have to upgrade to a dedicated server, but that's far too costly to be worth it for me.
    Does anyone know how I can get around this?

I have not yet been able to get SendGrid to work, even with what appear to be very clear instructions on the forum.

Thanks,
    PB
    Kind regards,
    Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
    http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

It is possible to install the modules onto your own server space, but then you run into problems of whether you need to install perl and all the modules there, whether the servers are set to prevent this, and having to change the path to perl in all the sellerdeck scripts. I've looked into this and concluded it's just not a practical solution.

I've also been unable to get sellerdeck to work with the 1and1 / IONOS smtp servers.

I and others have used and continue to use SendGrid for outgoing emails with 1and1 (and some other hosts as well) and it works well.

IIRC it really is just a matter of:

1. Create a free account with sendgrid
    2. Set email settings in sellerdeck to SMTP server='smtp.sendgrid.net', tick 'username and password required' and enter your sendgrid username and password.
    3. Change the smtp port number and another line to use the new port number as described here. https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...sending-emails

I don't know why it hasn't worked for you but it really is the easiest and most practical solution.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your comments, they are very encouraging. I will stand down the Sellerdeck support who have been trying to help me with this for at least 6 months now, and re-try the Sendgrid solution.

Thanks,
      PB
      Kind regards,
      Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
      http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington Bear View Post
        And the new SMTP handling in v18 requires:
        Net::SMTP v3.1 or higher
        IO::Socket::SSL v2.007 or higher
        Had to get some data to support...
        and here's a copy of the Website Analysis of a site on "Sellerdeck Hosting"

Attached image shows:
        Net::SMTP = 2.31
        IO::socket::SSL = 1.94

We are moving to Host-it, and the settings are currently exactly the same as Sellerdeck Hosting

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X