Database not working, data truncated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database not working, data truncated

When attempting to import or preview store I get these messages. Any way of solving this problem without contacting reseller or support? thanks.
    Attached Files

The "Expanding Menu" error refers to a problem in a layout that isn't part of SellerDeck. This may have been supplied by a third party so you will need to contact them. If you don't know who that is try Design / Library / Layouts, right-click the top item, choose Find and enter Expanding. That should take you to the layout and there may be something in the code to identify the author. Also, SellerDeck sometimes produces spurious error messages like you are seeing. If the menu is working as expected then you may be able to ignore this error.

The "problem with the database" isn't one I can help with. Hopefully someone else will be along soon.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

What does the icon look like, I can't work out which one it is?
      Cheers

Comment

The ‘data truncated’ error has come up before. A search will find the previous threads. It sounds as if the import might be bringing in a field that is longer than Sellerdeck allows and thus causing the error.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I can't find how I would fix this issue, do you have any ideas
          Cheers

Comment

In a nutshell you need to find which field is too long and correct it.

if you’re importing then maybe look in that for more characters than usual in the fields.

A common cause is product references that shouldn’t be more than 20 characters. Duplicates add extra characters so that can also be a cause.

Comment

Thank you! How would I identify which product is duplicated?

Comment

Duplicate products are ones that you have created so the same product can appear twice in Sellerdeck. For example you might want to have a product appear in a descriptive section such as 'Blue' > 'Widgets' as well as in a different section by brand such as 'AAAGizmo' > 'Widgets'.

You'll find the details for doing this in the Help area under 'Duplicating Products'

If you haven't done this you won't have any duplicate products.

With database problems it's always worth doing a 'compact and repair database' first just in case that solves it.

Comment

Working...
                X