Re: PSD2 & 3D Secure v2 - Important Payment Service Provider Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSD2 & 3D Secure v2 - Important Payment Service Provider Changes

So having always had a long list of payment processors for customers to choose from we are now down to three. SD payments, Sage and PayPal. Does anyone else see this as a depressing development, further limiting the attractiveness of SD desktop? https://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/support...ice-providers/
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

The latest I heard was that following the 18 month postponement of the deadline Sellerdeck will be reconsidering this decision.

See: https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...588#post551588
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

If it is deferred for eighteen months why are Sellerdeck announcing it now. Do customers have to change PSP or not?
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

So NOW SD send out the postponement email now we have mailchimped all our customers!
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer

Comment

I was recently considering changing/adding more providers after the Sellerdeck Payments/Worldpay incident...

I remembered there was a long list of options,,, I was shocked to see from that email there's only 3 now... :O

Comment

It's all postponed ; https://www.graphicz.co.uk/blog/psd2...ate-postponed/
            However I share your alarm that the current payment processor choice of some 26 processors:

SellerDeck Paymentss CNP/MOTO
            Cash on delivery
            Credit card details captured for later processing
            Cheque on delivery
            Credit card details sent sepan
            Invoice and payment with delivery
            Payment on account
            Netbanx
            Secure Trading
            WoddPay
            Paypoint.net Payment Gateway
            Web-Merchant
            e-clear (UK) PLC
            Skypay
            Sage Pay
            Nochex
            HSBC Secure ePayments
            Paypoint.net Complete Solutions
            Realex Payments
            PayPal Website Payments Pro
            Total Web Solutions
            PayOffline
            SellerDeck Payments Ecomm
            Google Checkout
            DIRECTebanking.com
            Ogone
            CaidSave
            PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution
            Bank Transfer
            Direct Debit
            Cheque In Advance
            Unspecified
            Pay Vector
            v12 Finance

Will, if not now, in eighteen months be three
            • Sellerdeck Payments
            • PayPal:
              PayPal Website Payments
              PayPal Express Checkout
              PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution
              *NOTE: ‘PayPal Website Payments Pro’ is not compatible with 3D Secure version 2, we strongly recommend you switch to Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution, Express Checkout or Website Payments.
            • Sage Pay
            The cynic might say that Sellerdeck desktop just does not command enough industry respect for other PSPs to bother with the integration.
            And please, if this is a wrong assumption please evidence to the contrary.

Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer

Comment

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
              The cynic might say that Sellerdeck desktop just does not command enough industry respect for other PSPs to bother with the integration.
              And please, if this is a wrong assumption please evidence to the contrary.
              I feel this is inevitable in the long term.

As development seems to slow and features fall way behind competitors, along with the addition of steep price increases we saw last year. I feel it is a declining product and I’m sure other partners will pull the plug on supporting Sellerdeck in the Future adding to the decline.

I like using Sellerdeck, but do worry for the future of the product.

Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
              Zirconium Rings
              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I have a plus point... Using Sellerdeck is cheap for us right now

- cheapest during Actinic days as the software cost was so much cheaper and only upgraded when neccessary...

On reviewing a few alternatives and also getting a call from someone who offered to convert our sites to other popular solutions (who seems to know a lot about Sellerdeck, it's past, it's present, how it operates, C++ coded software nightmares etc... very insightful conversation)...

Since leaving their 365 product and now without support (I'm still flabbergasted that they would rather lose revenue from us (£3k per year) by not reducing their overpriced SSL rates = £260/year PER SITE, you can get it for £3.50/year per site = sellerdeck charging over 75x !?)...

so we're just paying for third party hosting and SSL... and it's the lowest ever monthly cost for a long time... -

I agree that any industry change, will be bad news here...
                - we only started support contracts with Sellerdeck when MS stopped support for XP and Sellerdeck's performance on moving to Win7/8 at the time was really bad.

Comment

Working...
                X