Making snapshots, dialogue box re credit card details, spinning disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making snapshots, dialogue box re credit card details, spinning disk

Hello. With just one of my sites in SD (others fine), when I make a snapshot a dialogue box comes up about at least one order containing card details, then spinning disk for about 10 minutes before it starts on the snapshot. I have never had any credit card details anywhere regarding any order - we do not handle, access or store any such stuff, with the customers paying themselves through a payment provider. It makes no difference whether or not the box in Settings: Payment and Security "Always delete card . . ." is ticked or not. With all the other sites it is unticked and they do not get the message, and it is unticked on this site too, though have previously tried ticking it. Because of a major catastrophe yesterday wiping out/corrupting this site data (caused by Microsoft doing an unscheduled Windows update, I think, as happened at exactly the same time), and the latest snapshot being corrupt, I am now planning to snapshot at least twice a day, but with the long wait for the spinning disk before the snapshot procedure starts is causing a time problem. Any suggestions? Sarah

I don't use snapshots unless it's requested by Sellerdeck Support... or during major upgrades

The snapshots are basically a Zipped up file of the specific sites folder (rename the file with .zip ending and you can open it up)...

so I just run a script in *.bat file to compress and backup up that folder before I leave the office and also have task schduler running another *.bat script in the evening...
    - my script comannds actually rename the folder first to make sure no file is locked and avoid anybody using any files during the backup, and once done, renames back.

I use WinRar to compress (not Winzip) and I believe both you can right click on a folder to make the file.

This is all done outside of Sellerdeck's interface... so no waiting for spinning disk etc...

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Sounds really complicated for me! It doesn't explain why I get a spinning disk for this particular site and not for my other 7. With these 7 the snapshot procedure starts immediately and takes from about 1 minute to 3 minutes to complete depending on the size. The one site with the problem is now taking about 20 minutes with spinning disk before it starts the snapshot, and does the snapshot in about 2 minutes. It is the only site that comes up with a dialogue box about needing to remove card details (which do not exist and have not existed in the past 12 years), and the spinning disk seems to be because it is looking for the card details to remove. If I could find out how to stop that dialogue box and it searching for non-existent card payment details it should fix the problem. Sarah

Comment

have you tried a 'compact and repair' of the database? It's always a good idea if there are any database problems.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hello Mike. Thank you for posting. Yes. I ran one yesterday and it did not help. I shall speak to Sellerdeck.

Comment

Sellerdeck gave me a fix for this involving my running a query in Access, so if anyone has this same problem (seems not) then contact SD.

Comment

Hi Sarah,

Any my chance you could post the query on the forum?

Not everyone has sellerdeck support and it would help us work out what the actual problem was.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
              X