Stopping SD Link transferring payments to Sage V25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping SD Link transferring payments to Sage V25

I recently upgraded Sage to V25, and upgraded SD Link to Sage to work with it. Sage have made a change that causes the payment to come into Sage Customer Account as a payment in advance, which is causing problems. I would like to be able, therefore, to stop SD/SD Link from exporting payment into Sage, but cannot find a way of doing it. Any suggestions?

Sarah

Sorry, I don't know how you'd do this.

Isn't it technically correct though? The customer is paying in advance until you send out the items and create the invoice / receipt.

I'm not sure it will be easy to change the SD / Sage link so it might be better to find out what the problem is and fix that.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hello Mike. I think that I have solved it; in SD Link, Transaction Types tab, and select No for Create Sales Receipt. With Sage v25, in which Sage changed something, the negative balance was coming in with the order. This caused two problems. When the orders come into Sage, the system tries to find an existing customer, and sometimes fails to find the customer because the customer has typed something differently. We process the order to the old existing account and used to delete the new account at the end of the day, but now we can't do this as there had been a transaction using it, even if transaction deleted. Where the system found the correct account, it was putting in an advance payment, but we process the orders using Cash Sales tab in the Sales Orders, one click process, but this in Sage v25 meant there were two payments - the advance payment which needed to be deleted in Transactions, and the one created by Cash Sales. Trying to process the order in Sage v25 without using Cash Sales is very long'winded and time consuming.

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah, Glad you've solved it.

I've always hated software accounting packages as they always try and make you do things their way, even if it doesn't make sense with the way you do things. This just confirms my feelings.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X