Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tariff codes new variable and Country of Origin

Hi,

I can see that there is a new variable for tariff codes in v18.4 which is great, but just checking on what the community experience is on "country of origin". My current understanding is that for customs export in post Brexit world we would need universal tariff code plus the country of origin. Country of origin would be place where product was produced not necessarily where product was acquired from, hence we have suppliers with many different countries of origin. I believe that this is so for example Trump/US can put their large tariffs on Chinese goods. Presuming we will crash out with no deal and have no customs arrangements with any country post Brexit then all overseas orders would need tariff codes and country of origin to enter another country on the c22 or c23 forms. Any thoughts of anyone using Click and drop or couriers for example who have dealt with this already?
    Kind regard
    David

Hi David

Thanks for the very helpful feedback. I've raised a wish list request for a 'Country of Origin' variable, and I will keep an eye on this thread to see how the discussion develops.

If you do need it in the meantime, you can easily add a new variable yourself. See the article 'Adding A New Variable' in the Sellerdeck main help.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

sorry was away on half term. Am going to one of the DIT roadshows to deal with Brexit, so will see if they have any clarity there. Is there any significant difference between adding a custom variable and say the new tariff code variable in terms of database bloat and size. I am always a bit wary of adding too many custom variables in for every single product?

Comment

Although the talks by DIT were based on no deal Brexit for October 31st they are relevant to any ROW orders even if we carry on inside the EU for a period of time. In our experience then Royal Mail and Couriers have really tightened up on this because of building no deal Brexit solutions. C22 and C23 for Royal Mail or courier solutions do seem to require country of Origin as well as Tariff codes now.

One of the points raised was not knowing what the tariffs would be for a product to EU after no deal brexit. the suggestion was to use the TARIC system and use Argentina as the Origin. The reason being this is outside the EU and currently uses the WTO tariff structure for imports which UK would revert to. An example of 61034200, boys or mens clothes for example shows Tariff of 12%. https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custom...on.jsp?Lang=en

Comment

Thanks for the update. There is no difference at all in the database between the variable we added, and a custom variable that you would add yourself. You can add as many as you need, there is very little overhead. If you added hundreds then it might have an impact, but I can't imagine you would need to do that.

We've found that it's always advisable to enable 'Site' as a Place of Setting and tick 'Allow <Use Parent>... ', even if the default value is blank. If you don't do that, then it does tend to bloat the 'UserDefinedProperties' table with unnecessary entries. The overhead is minimal otherwise.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thank you Bruce, that is good to know. I don't always enable Site but yes I think that nearly all my variables have Use Parent in them. Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Working...
            X