Email Form - Reply to email address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Form - Reply to email address

When we receive an email from the email form on the contact us section, I notice we receive the email with:

================================

Reply to : our email address
    To : our email address

Body :

Name: customers name
    Email address : customers email

================================

Whenever we "reply"... it will send the reply back to ourselves.

We have to copy and paste the customers email address to the email to make it work.
    - folks here are always replying to any email quickly and often overlook it.

Is it possible to add a "reply-to" = email address of the customer ?

I don't know why you're seeing this. I've just had an email from a customer using the contact us form and the 'reply' option using outlook put his email address in the send to field. I also looked at the email header info and it definitely had his email address in the 'reply to' field.

This is on 18.0.3.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I have this problem on all 3 of our sites - 1 of them I've disabled and is now linked to a Hesk Service Desk instead

Just received one now... "Reply to" address should be to "adrian@..." instead it is back to ourselves at "sales@..."
      - searched the original header for "adrian" and it's not on there anywhere... so the customers email only shows up on the body of the email.

We're on 18.02... cannot see a fix for this in the release notes for 18.03...
      We are on very old templates, probably from since v8 or even v6...
      Attached Files

Comment

I've attached my email header from this morning.

Not much more I can add other than it appears to be working on 18.0.3 so probably worth trying if it's a problem for you.

Attached Files

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for the image... Our's is different... not sure why.

I've been planning to update... never got to... currently still on 18.02...

I'll "try" this Sunday...
          - in release notes for v18.04 "Enabled use of local time online, SD-4577" would like to see if this means (for me) = no more script change for GMT / BST...
          - trying to remember what script changes needed to be done... (it's been such a long time since I last updated... and this is always a pain to do... on multiple sites...)

I did have an updated responsive version of one site...that I stopped working on over 2 years ago... I'll try to upload that one to a test server and see how that behaves... if I have time on Sunday...

Comment

Working...
          X