Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck DB Corruption

Hi.

Up until today Sellerdeck 18.03 has been working fine. Today on startup I am getting the following error:

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Executing the query 'UPDATE [DesignObjects] SET [sPreUpgradeMarkupCode] = '' WHERE ([sPreUpgradeMarkupCode] IS NOT NULL) AND (NOT ([sPreUpgradeMarkupCode] LIKE ''))'

Database name: C:\Users\SGQL\Documents\Sellerdeck v18\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb

Query '' is corrupt.

Action: Contact your SellerDeck reseller or SellerDeck Support as appropriate

A database error occurred while recording the current version

Operation: Executing the query 'UPDATE [SetupInfo] SET [sLargeData] = '18.0.3.47123.0.0.SKXB' WHERE [nID] = 83 '

Database name: C:\Users\SGQL\Documents\Sellerdeck v18\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb

Query '' is corrupt.

Action: Contact your SellerDeck reseller or SellerDeck Support as appropriate
    It does not appear to be fatal as the DB loads.

The odd thing is that even when I recover from an old backup I am getting the same issue. I installed a new version of 18.03 on a new PC and got the same issue with the baseline sellerdeck DB that come with 18.03. I had an old PC which we use for fail-over with an existing 18.0.3 version installed 9 months ago. I restored the backup onto this PC and did not get the issues on start up.

This means 2 PCs have it and 1 does not. It looks like a DB issue but it is strange that I am getting it with the baseline DB supplied with sellerdeck as well as our own DB. I am wondering if a windows update might has caused it?

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar behaviour and/or could suggest ways to resolve?

Many thanks

Tony
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

I've started with similar database corruption issues today. Is it a Microsoft update?
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

"There was a problem with the database

Operation: Executing the query 'UPDATE [OutstandingStockChanges] SET [nStatus] = 1 WHERE [nChange] <> 0'

Database name: C:\Users\info\Documents\SellerDeck 2016\Sites\Snorestore 2019\ActinicCatalog.mdb

Query '' is corrupt.

Action: Contact your SellerDeck reseller or SellerDeck Support as appropriate"
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Email received from Sellerdeck just now - thank you.

Comment

It looks like a Windows update has caused this.

I'm getting the same errors here on all V16 and V18 sites and my Windows Update history shows that 3 updates to Office 2013 were installed during the night. And 1 to Windows itself.

They are KB4484119, KB4484158, KB4484152 and KB4524570.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I only had one update installed - so uninstalled it and it seems to be working now.

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
              I only had one update installed - so uninstalled it and it seems to be working now.
              Do you have the update KB reference?

I have 4 updates pending paused for 7 days set the last time an issue like this occurred:
              KB4524570 - 2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems
              KB890830 - Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - November 2019
              KB4484158 - Security Update for Microsoft Excel 2013 32-Bit Edition
              KB4484119 - Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 32-Bit Edition
              and 1 optional update:
              Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

Not sure if these can be downloaded and installed separately.

KB8908830 may be important.

Have any users experienced any Windows Defender pop-ups blocking access to Sellerdeck V18 or V16 applications in the past week?
              Martin
              Mantra Audio

Comment

Sorry I don't have the number as I uninstalled it without thinking about saving it. It was a Microsoft Access database engine update 2010, that's all I can say. It's not KB4524570 or KB4524569 as those are still on my system.

Comment

We had the same problem and removed all the Microsoft Office updates that installed yesterday (November 12th) and our site is back up and working.

Comment

Hi All,

We've been investigating this further and have an update. An email has been sent with the below content:

The latest Microsoft Update ‘KB4484119’ has caused issues with MS Access Database Drivers.

This has resulted in Sellerdeck Desktop failing to open or producing database error messages which typically include "query is corrupt".

All versions of Sellerdeck Desktop that utilise the ACE Access Database Driver are affected (this includes: Business and Business Plus). Sellerdeck Enterprise (which is based on MS SQL Server) does not appear to be affected.

Currently the immediate solution is to uninstall KB4484119, which has resolved the issue for customer’s installations and our own testing.

Microsoft have provided support responses, which we will summarise and provide the link for:

The issue was caused by an error in a Microsoft release which has now been fixed. This will be available on 10th December 2019 – it is recommended to wait until this date before running any Microsoft Updates.

For some tips on how to uninstall a patch visit: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...ates-manually/

To read the Microsoft article please visit: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

---------------------------------

Just to add to Josh's post with some further information that we have found useful.

If the above does not resolve the issue please also check for

KB4484160
                    KB4484127

we have found removing these has resolved the issue in some cases where KB4484119 was not present.

Also you may want to turn off the auto update, or Windows will simply download the same patch again
                    Last edited by swardell; 14-Nov-2019, 11:20 AM.
                    Josh Barling
                    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

100% Correct due to a Windows update as it killed my SD 16.03 yesterday, so I uninstalled the updates and it's fine

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
                        The issue was caused by an error in a Microsoft release which has now been fixed. This will be available on 10th December 2019 – it is recommended to wait until this date before running any Microsoft Updates.
                        Have Microsoft issued any advice on how this fix will be implemented?

Has update KB4484119 and other updates known to cause the corruption of Access database Queries been withdrawn or will these still have to be installed ready for the fix/update to be implemented?

For information
                        I ask this because I experienced some major problems with my back office Access Database application on Friday 22 November.
                        These were flagged up as "Error Code 3340 Description : Query" is corrupt which effectively stopped all update queries from running.
                        I tried accessing a backup database from a previous day and got exactly the same result.
                        I did not have the update installed and have suspended all Microsoft pending updates until after 10 December as advised.
                        On checking my Windows 10 Apps and Features, I noticed that the "Microsoft Office Professional 2013 en-us" install date was showing 22/11/2019 so it appeared that an update had been implemented without my knowledge or consent.
                        I reported this to Microsoft Technical Support as a business critical issue and they were able to solve the problem with a remote session by repairing the "Microsoft Office Professional 2013 en-us" and "Microsoft Access Runtime 2013" from within the Windows 10 Apps and Features Settings.
                        At the time I noticed that the date 22/11/2019 coincided with the date November 22, 2019 estimated for the Access 2013 fix to be available and that this has now been updated to November 29, 2019 - see updated Microsoft article: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

We need to be clear on exactly how the fix will be implemented to avoid any further unwelcome problem issues at this busy time of year.

Martin
                        Mantra Audio
                        Last edited by Mantra; 24-Nov-2019, 08:35 AM. Reason: Microsoft link added
                        Martin
                        Mantra Audio

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
                          Hi All,
                          Has anybody run any Microsoft Updates yet with the Access database corruption error fix applied?
                          Have there been any further problems or issues experienced after running the updates?
                          Martin
                          Mantra Audio

Comment

Tuesdays (10-12-19) Widows updates have installed here and SellerDeck is still working.

I'm an Office 2010 user so had previously applied the fix KB2986256 from https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US
                            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you Norman
                              Wednesday (11-12-19) - installed all the pending updates for my Winwos 10 OS and Office Professional 2013 applications and everything seems to be in order this time with Sellerdeck and my other back office Access application still working.
                              Martin
                              Martin
                              Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
                              X