Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Shopping Feed Variable

Hi All

I have set up the Google Shopping Feed this week on Sellerdeck 18.0.3 and it has all been accepted however, I have the following two issues:-

Where I have a product with 4 variants I have components/attributes/choices set up and then the 4 products as hidden products. It is listing the correct one OK but it is taking the Choice HTML for name which has in it this !!<2.5ml - £43.99>!! whereas I would like it to just show 2.5ml which is in the Choice Name.

Is there a variable I can change to make it pick the Choice Name and where would it be, so the .xml feed will be updated?

The second problem is the tax on the shipping. My shipping doesnt have tax added and the feed is adding it to the product price (which is correct) and the shipping price (which is incorrect),

I see on the Google Feed help page that there is a code for US where you can add a shipping tax variable. I'm not sure if this would work with Sellerdeck so does anyone know if I can add this to my .xml feed somehow and, if so, where/how would I do that?

Thanks in advance,
    Joanna

www.essentialoilsonline.co.uk

Hi, are there any ideas with this? Do I just need to manually remove all the !!<>!! markers, it's just there are lots of products.

And any thoughts on the shipping tax issue?

I've searched all through the forums and knowledge base and can't find anything relating to either of these queries.

Thanks in advance,
    Joanna

www.essentialoilsonline.co.uk

Comment

Hi - if the shipping feed can be made good by adding a variable to each line of the feed, you could do this. You can make a new variable in the design library and check the box "include in google product search data feed". You can give the variable an initial value and use "Use Parent" to allow it to flood down into every product. The variable will then be added to your feed automatically.

In the Help, search "add new variable" and find the topic "Adding A New Variable" - it tells you how to do it.

Comment

Hello, that's great, thank you very much.

Just one more question when I'm in shipping & handling in the Business settings, in Zones/Tables there are two boxes greyed out, the first saying "Tax apllies to shipping" which is ticked and the one next to it saying "Shipping costs include tax" which is unticked. I can't see how these options can appear I've checked lots of other layouts. Presumably, if I can get the second box ticked it would hopefully sort the problem....

Thanks in advance,
        Joanna

Comment

Yes I see what you mean there - mine is the same. I have been through the help and can't see it mentioned. Probably a good one to run past sellerdeck support.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I don't have the Sellerdeck Cover anymore. Hopefully someone from Sellerdeck can answer on here?

I'm hoping it's an easy answer!

Thanks again
            Joanna

Comment

Hi Joanna

Unfortunately the checkboxes "Tax applies to shipping" and "Shipping costs include tax" are only available if your product prices are entered inclusive of tax (Business Settings > Tax > Product Prices Entered > Inclusive of Tax)

I don't know the the full history and the reason behind it. I suspect it's related to the ability to calculate taxation on shipping pro-rata with the tax on the products (if the order contains products that are taxed at differernt rates). That's strictly the correct method by HMRC rules, but it makes the calculation very complicated - such that few ecommerce systems actually support it. So in this case the software makes the assumption that if your product prices are entered ex-VAT, your shipping rates are as well.

If you set the Tax Rate under 'Shipping' to 'Exempt' or 'Zero-Rated' as appropriate (centre top of the same dialog), I think that should prevent tax being added to your shipping.

I hope this helps
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Bruce for the reply. Aah that explains it then. Our prices do exclude VAT and the shipping tax rate is shown as Zero rated now, it was exempt before so I have tried to change it to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your time and hope you have a good weekend!

Comment

Working...
                X