Magic Zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic Zoom

I'm currently upgrading from V9 to V18 and starting from scratch with new design using the 'Smart Responsive' theme. For multiple images I previously used Norman's Multi Product Images add-on, I assume V18 doesn't have any in-built options for multiple products images or image zoom and my best option is Magic Zoom Plus. I assume the easiest option to install Magic Zoom Plus would be to purchase Norman's add-on for magic Zoom Plus
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Magic Zoom Plus is built-in to the Swift theme so that may be worth considering.

If you go to Magic Zoom Plus and have many images set using my Multi Product Images, it is possible to copy your ExtraImage<n> over to ZoomImage<n>. And IconAlt<n> to ZoomAlt<n>.

Here are the steps in Brief. Back-up your site first and consider trying this on a test system before doing it on your live one.

If Magic Zoom Plus isn't installed, install it and close and restart SellerDeck.

Do File / Export, choose Catalog / Next, choose a file-name and let the export complete using defaults.

Now edit that file with a text editor (I use Notepad++) and look for the line near the top starting with:
    Code:
    Header:Product,
    Edit that line and look for ZoomImage0, ZoomImage1, etc. and change them to be DummyImage0, DummyImage1, etc.

Edit the line and look for ZoomAlt0, ZoomAlt1, etc. and change them to be DummyAlt0, DummyAlt1, etc.

Edit the line and look for ExtraImage0, ExtraImage1, etc. and change them to be ZoomImage0, ZoomImage1, etc.

Edit the line and look for IconAlt0, IconAlt1, etc. and change them to be ZoomAlt0, ZoomAlt1, etc.
    Save the changed file.

Now do File / Import / Hierarchical Import / choose the file you just edited, select Update and let the import complete.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman,

Might consider looking at the new Swift theme as it might save a lot of work trying to get the smart responsive theme looking any good, Just find it amazing that in this day and age Sellerdeck themes have been so poor and always require a lot of work to look like a finished website, the swift theme appears to be a step forward unless the demo sites I have seen have had a lot of work done.
      Why can't they just offer a few themes based on fully finished well designed sites that only require minimal tinkering to produce a great looking site, but guess they and other site designers would lose out on design fees
      A pity the Swift theme isn't available as a stand alone purchase rather have to pay for cover which I don't need
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

It's definitely worth you looking at Swift. If you're upgrading from v9 to v18 then I think you'll need Sellerdeck 365 or Cover anyway, and either will entitle you to a copy of Swift. Our sales team can confirm or correct that. You'll effectively be getting six version upgrades for the price of one - don't knock it!

The demo store https://swift.sellerdeck.co.uk/ is straight unmodified Swift, apart from the sample product and carousel images.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
          It's definitely worth you looking at Swift. If you're upgrading from v9 to v18 then I think you'll need Sellerdeck 365 or Cover anyway, and either will entitle you to a copy of Swift. Our sales team can confirm or correct that. You'll effectively be getting six version upgrades for the price of one - don't knock it!.
          Unfortunately I took out cover to get V18 around 18 months ago but family health issues has meant it was put on the back burner and not yet got around to moving across to V18 until recently so cover expired 6 months ago

Any news when the next version of Sellerdeck might be due for release or beta

Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I can't give you a date yet for the next major release. It may be towards the end of this year, or early next.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
            X