All my sites now crash on taking a snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my sites now crash on taking a snapshot

Has there been a Windows update or something?

Turned my PC on tonight and none of my sites will take a snapshot without immediately crashing. I can't import a snapshot either.

If I opt to close SD down without backup and tick the Compact Database After Closing SellerDeck option then SD closes but it doesn't compact the database.

I can't license a new site either - SD immediately crashes.

I have rebooted the PC and still the same.

Anyone else got the same problems with SD2018?
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Not sure if it’s connected, but I can’t upload SD2018.

the box comes up, and at the checking stage the box just disappears. This only happened yesterday.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I've just checked and I can make a snapshot and upload with my V18 on Windows 10.

I did have a problem a few days ago where Sellerdeck wouldn't load completely on startup and just hung. In the end I solved it by turning off Kaspersky. Once I'd loaded it successfully the problem went away.

I can't help wondering if there's maybe some new behaviour / signature the anti-virus companies are looking for that is being triggered by sellerdeck. It might be worth disabling your anti-virus and seeing if that makes any difference.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You should be able to check if there has been a Windows update in settings and revert to previous if there has been a problem.
        My last Windows 10 quality update was on 16/07/2020.
        I have paused updates for 7 days just in case of any problems.
        My V2016 site close and site snapshots backups all OK although the site snapshop stalled momentarily.
        Completed disc clean up OK.
        Defragment and Optimise Drives was showing C drive 0% fragmented then 2% fragmented when analysed so completed optimisation routine - this may be worth checking out in case some process files have got displaced.
        Martin
        Martin
        Mantra Audio

Comment

Just to make sure I installed a couple of Windows 10 updates that were new since the 5th August and everything is still fine.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

SD support sent it to the development team who managed to replicate it and have reported it as a Windows related bug.

However, a Windows 10 update during this week has fixed the issue.
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

And a further update...... a subsequent Windows update has reintroduced the problem.

SD support have identified the issue but the fix involves editing the registry.

So... I'd rather not post that here and potentially be responsible for users damaging their registry - but SD support have the answer if you suffer from this problem after a Windows update.
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

Can you provide details of the update that causes the problem?
                Last update(s) we have are dated 17 August and system states upto date - no further updates.
                On occasions I think microsoft release updates sometimes on a selective basis to test without notification!!
                Martin
                Martin
                Mantra Audio

Comment

The update that caused the reoccurence of the issue was

2020-08 Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

However, SD Support do not know if it is something in that update or something to do with my installation that is causing the problem as it is not affecting everyone.
                  Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
                  X