Add to cart from external page with unique reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart from external page with unique reference

We have a new site being added onto our existing website which will sell personalised products for printing.
    Preferably we would like these products to go through the SellerDeck shopping cart to make things easier for our customers but each personalised product would need to have a unique reference number (already supplied) so that we can match up payments and orders.

All of the personalisation will have already been done, all we want is to process the order and take payment through sellerdeck.
    Does anyone know if this is possible and can point me in the general direction of where to go (be nice please... )
    Thanks

There are several routes.

1) Create a product "Custom Printing". Set price as required. If you have several different print prices, create several such products with unique prices. Use the Other Info Prompt (Product Details / Prompts) to give it a prompt like "Enter your reference". Tell customer to buy appropriate product and tell them what to put in the "Enter your reference" field. Once they've checked out you'll get an order containing the reference that you provided so you can match it with your records.

2) You can send them an URL that does all of the above. See How can I add a product to the cart from anywhere on the Internet? on https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...n-the-internet
    You'd need to add &O_<product ID>=<your reference number> to the end of the URL to pass in your unique reference.

Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you, I'll give the second option a go first.
      Much appreciated

Comment

Suggestion (2) needs a product that you'd create as per (1).

So best try out (1) before creating the crafty URL.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X