add a variable to packing list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add a variable to packing list

Is there an easy way of including "user defined 3" on the packing list? It's where we ask whether the customer wants to be added to the mailing list. It's not worth doing anything complicated or costly as we're about to stop using sellerdeck.
    Thanks

User Defined 3 automatically appears on the reports (including the Packing List). See below where I entered Wowza. Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	28.5 KB ID:	553055

Only problem is that the prompt displays as User definable 3, regardless of it being changed in Design / Text.
    You can probably overcome this by changing your Yes / No values to e.g. Yes, send me a newsletter / No newsletter.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Not on mine - I just get 1 and 2. Is it because I have radio buttons and have coded them wrong? I'm not en expert in HTML, I just redeveloped a site to help a friend out.
      I'm not bothered what the prompt displays on the packing list as the packer (my friend usually or me when he's on holiday as he is a the moment) will know what it refers to.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

The code is

<fieldset>
      <div class="checkout-field-label">
      <label for="GENERALUSERDEFINED"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GeneralPrompt002Required%22%20%2f%3e"><span class="actrequired"></actinic:block><Actinic:Variable Name="GeneralPrompt002"/><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GeneralPrompt002Required%22%20%2f%3e">* </span></actinic:block></label>
      </div>
      <div class="checkout-field-input">
      <label for="Yes">Yes</label>
      <input type="radio" name="signup" id="Yes" value="Yes"><br>
      <label for="No">No</label>
      <input type="radio" name="signup" id="No" value="No"><br>
      </div>
      </fieldset>

Comment

SellerDeck is expecting input from a field named GENERALUSERDEFINED but you've named your radio buttons signup.
        Replace lines:
        Code:
        <input type="radio" name="signup" id="Yes" value="Yes"><br>
        <input type="radio" name="signup" id="No" value="No"><br>
        With e.g:
        Code:
        <input type="radio" name="GENERALUSERDEFINED" id="Yes" value="Mailing List: Yes"><br>
        <input type="radio" name="GENERALUSERDEFINED" checked="checked" id="No" value="Mailing List: No"><br>
        Note that I've set the No option to be checked by default and amended the returned text to be more meaningful. This appears on the Customer invoice and they might be worried what an unexplained Yes means.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks Norman,

Obvious when you're a pro which I'm not.

Debbie.

Comment

Working...
          X