Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to sellerdeck and sage, first post.

Hi, first post so please be gentle ...
    Have some friends who have just bought a business running sellerdeck desktop and sage and I've been helping them set it up, I'm pretty tech savvy although not done anything with Sage or web before, they were on node4 hosting but now with Sellerdeck, and bar a few issues, now have them setup on Sellerdeck hosting, dns moved, email sorted and the website up and running from their pc although not trading yet.

So before I cut them loose I have a few questions that I'm hoping the community can help with as they have very limited experience in using any software packages.

Sage, they need to cut some costs from the business and Sage seems a good one as the subscription seems expensive, can they use an earlier none subscription version, V25 ? Or does it have to be a current version ?

I'm assuming they don't have to use Sage, if that is the case can the customer details be exported from Sage and imported into Sellerdeck so they only have to deal with/use Sellerdeck, ? Transactions will be small, approx 20-30 daily.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks
    Paul

If sticking with older versions of software e(e.g. Sage 25) you may encounter issues. Its the same for all applications re bugs and security vulnerabilities in older versions. Correspondingly fixes, enhanced functionality being in newer versions and more importantly security patches. Keeping up to date gets my vote.

If you consider swopping applications, Sage desktop and others e.g Zero Cloud have different specs. It very much depends on what you want to do as to whether its prudent.

Good luck and welcome to the community.

Phil
    Phil Howell
    Director
    Intuition Un Ltd
    www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
    Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
    www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
    www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
    www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Thanks for the reply Phil, much appreciated. I'm with you on keeping any software up to date but they need to reduce costs, I see you mentioned Xero, which I use and I find it really easy, although my accounts are pretty straight forward, has this been done with sellerdeck desktop as couldn't find any info on integration into xero.

Rgds
      Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

The desktop version of Sage has an out of the box integration with Sellerdeck Desktop, which is included as part of the Sellerdeck Support contract (that we call Cover, or Desktop 365 Plus).

Currently there isn't an integration with Xero or Sage Cloud (the newer cloud version).

Hopefully you can find a solution that gives you the required functionality at the appropriate costing.

Thanks, Josh.
        Josh Barling
        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply Josh.

Comment

Working...
          X