Any planned changes to the EU *.rpt files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any planned changes to the EU *.rpt files

I've read on a post that there will be an update 2-3 weeks time...

Will there be changes to the new *_EU.rpt reports? (orders_EU.rpt and Invoices_EU.rpt)
    - if there is... and it's ready, is it possible to release it early here in the forum?
    - really would like to start working on them... and don't want to waste time now on the existing ones if they are being replaced

Thank you

The question I would Sellerdeck to confirm is what is changing, if anything to the current Invoice-EU and Orders-EU? If changes are not material to and relatively easy to embed with Crystal Reports, then we can amend. If they are more consuming then waiting might be better. Some communication update on timing would also be great.
    Phil Howell
    Director
    Intuition Un Ltd
    www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
    Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
    www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
    www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
    www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

I'm a novice at these... only used when Sellerdeck changes something...

I tried to move the HS code field from the new rpt to our existing and got an overflow error when I tried to print...
      so I will need to edit the default one.. :I

I was thinking that if there's changes to the software... the *.rpt might have new variables... then a long wait is expected...

Comment

There will be new v16 & v18 releases shortly to fix some Brexit-related issues that were reported to support and in these forums. For the report generation, unfortunately the fixes are in the software itself and not in the reports, so we can't offer an early release of the changes.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

The planned fixes are:
          Fixed an error detected by database DLL on some systems when EU reports are run, SD-8377
          Setting zero vat for EU no longer changes tax historical orders, SD-8378
          Enabled creation of additional taxes for different zones when prices entered tax-inclusive, SD-8379
          EU invoice must show VAT even though zero, SD-8380
          Option to show the delivery country in the orders grid, SD-8399
          Bruce Townsend

Comment

Thanks for the list

Originally posted by brucet View Post
            For the report generation, unfortunately the fixes are in the software itself and not in the reports
            EU invoice must show VAT even though zero, SD-8380
            This isn't an update to the *.rpt file?

Also I believe the EU business customer's EORI number needs to be on the invoice
            Would that be done?

We've temporarily retasked the old EU VAT Exemption box for the EU EORI number...

Comment

It is, but there are other fixes in the same version of the report which rely on corresponding changes in the core software

As far as I'm aware, VAT exemption is still the correct solution to offer business customers. Exemption for VAT-registered businesses is an internal EU regulation and so not affected by Brexit. If you don't offer it, VAT will be liable at the point of entry to the EU. That's likely to delay the order and potentially lead to its rejection by the customer.
              Bruce Townsend

Comment

I'm not sure... but I thought VAT is zero (on most items) and always charged on entry to EU...
                and with the customer's EORI number on the invoice, it can be deferred/unpaid during clearance

Comment

I've checked a few places online and that does appear to be correct, eg https://vatdesk.eu/en/countries-en/vat-brexit-3/ & https://www.theaccountancy.co.uk/bus...iod-75862.html

In which case, repurposing the VAT exemption field to capture the EORI number is definitely the best solution. It will ensure that the number appears in the tax exemption area in both the order dialog and the invoice.
                  Bruce Townsend

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                    In which case, repurposing the VAT exemption field to capture the EORI number is definitely the best solution. It will ensure that the number appears in the tax exemption area in both the order dialog and the invoice.
                    Which is a different solution to the one that Support provided to me....

Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

So, I've tested repurposing the VAT number field, and unfortunately that can't be used. The content is only remembered if the VAT exemption checkbox is ticked, which results in the order being recorded as VAT exempt, rather than VAT at 0%

So ATM the solution is to use one of the checkout user-definable fields - as I think you were advised, Goz

The best solution may be for us to modify the checkout so that the current field 'If you have a valid EU VAT number...' etc is renamed 'If you have a valid EU EORI number...'; and is shown, and the number captured, even is tax exemption is disallowed. In that way, the number will be passed to the appropriate field in the order record and printed on the invoice

Does that sound like a sensible solution?

Unfortunately this one slipped below my radar at the end of last year, but everybody seems to be scrambling to get to grips with all the details - particularly in relation to how the regulations are implemented in actual practice.
                      Bruce Townsend

Comment

Yes... that tick box... I think I requested once for "the removal of the tick box and whatever's entered in the box will apply (subject to us checking it)"

Yes, I already renamed the two boxes:
                        • Enter your full EU EORI number here:
                        • If you have an EU EORI number, please tick box and enter your number
                        However the word "VAT" in that area design is = Tax1Description... took me a while looking for where this is = in the Taxes box.
                        (we have two in the taxes box, to = VAT and 2nd was "EU VAT" but now called "EU EORI") - didn't want to mess too much incase it affected existing orders.
                        solution for us to change that variable in the design to : Tax2Description

Attached image for clarity

Old EU VAT Exemption info was already on the invoice, but located far away from their address, so hopefully an update so it's closer?
                        - currently I'm just adding the customer's EORI in one of the address fields (if it fits)

re: "checkout user-definable fields"
                        I can't remember...

============================

Looking at your second link... the bottom paragraph titled "Register for VAT in each of the EU countries that you sell to"... whatever that is... looks like a nightmare.
                        - if that was to be done... I assume setup a tax zone for each country and their tax rates = Sellerdeck can do it!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's one of two options if you still want to charge VAT at the point of sale.

I imagine the tax setup would be similar to what is already required for selling digital products. Or at least it was before Brexit There is an article somewhere on the Knowledge Base that explains how to set that up.
                          Bruce Townsend

Comment

Hello, is the a planned date for the release of the list of fixes Bruce has highlighted (apologies if I have I missed it).

Kind regards

Paul

Comment

Unfortunately our first fix for SD-8379 required some refinement after testing. We have two of our best developers working as hard as they can to fix it, but it affects both online and offline orders, so it's double effort. One side is fixed, and we hope to have a fix for the other within a couple of days, but it will require some more testing before release. So it may be early next week before it's safe to issue. Sorry for the delay.
                              Bruce Townsend

Comment

Working...
                              X