Sellerdeck Hanging on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck Hanging on startup

I've just spent the last couple of hours trying to solve a problem with Sellerdeck (18.4) hanging on startup. I seem to have got rid of it but I'm not sure what was the real cause.

The problem was that sellerdeck would load, open the current tab screen, show the green loading bar progressing to 100% and then just sit there with the little revolving circle and do nothing. The only way out was to close the program, and click the 'close anyway' when you get the 'program not responding' message.

Closing and restarting didn't work, neither did a reboot.

At first I thought an access driver reinstall worked, but that was just the one time and didn't work subsequently. I tried it again but no change.

It seems to be slightly inconsistent, in that I got in one time just by starting sellerdeck again, but it crashed when I tried to export a snapshot, and then went back to the hanging again.

One thing I did spot after a while is that weirdly, my PC was running two versions of the Sellerdeck Sync Server (ActSyncSvr.exe). One V18 and a V11 as well ! I've no idea where the V11 came from but I've uninstalled V11 and that's gone now.

Sellerdeck is now opening consistently but I've also moved my open tab to a product rather than a section and closed any preview windows I had open just in case the problem was something else (these have been suggested as problems historically).

Fingers crossed it's all good now but it was starting to annoy me and the two versions of the sync server seems like an odd one to me. I've no idea why the V11 one was running as I haven't opened V11 in years.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------
Working...
X