Performance disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance disaster

Support are scratching their heads on this one and I an baffled also. This is a recent issue, any help would be amazing. We have 4 Machines running V18.04 A Server, which lives next door and 3 workstations. When adding a new product, or editing an existing one we have to wait up to five minutes for this to product to be added to the database. It may be something to do with a windows update, or other gremlins, but as the workstation and server are 15 ft apart am now at a loss. Anyone had a similar issue? Any suggestions most welcome.

I have not got the answer, but I have had this problem for a while now. Any edit on an existing product, or deleting one, can take at least five minute. In the meantime the screen goes white. Not got this problem when adding new products. I am on 14.03.
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

I know nothing about client / server problems but I'd start by looking at the usual suspects.

- Client and server resource usage when the problem is happening : Memory, CPU, Disk access, etc
      - Database size and free HD size.
      - Compact the database.
      - Try disabling your Anti-virus package on both the Client and the server. Unplug the WAN connection if you want to avoid any possible problems (and /or do this in the evening when everyone has gone home).
      - Turn off the 'Preview' windows in both the design and content tabs.
      - Make sure any web content on the pages not held locally doesn't get pulled from the web in preview mode. A new product or page will start sellerdeck regenerating the whole website and pulling in stuff like images, awards, tracking pixels, sharing code, etc online is very, very slow.
      - Make sure you've uninstalled any old versions of sellerdeck. It shouldn't be a problem but I've had bits of previous sellerdeck code running on my PC without reason.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi All,

Performance issues can be very difficult to find and solve.

We have found that our SQL Server version (Sellerdeck Enterprise) greatly improves the platform stability and allows for much higher numbers of users, products and actions; this usually solves these performance issues you've described. There is an additional cost and also some internal infrastructure changes, but we typically see major improvements in stability and performance, including: faster actions, less crashes etc.

Its a genuine option and one our account managers can talk you through. The last time we had a similar situation with a client, as the one above, we took the risk and said that we would bare the cost of the upgrade if it didn't solve the problems. It sounds like it would be fair for us to offer the same option in this case.

Thanks, Josh
        Josh Barling
        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

The other option if it’s just a database performance issue is to make a switch to SSDs rather than hard disks if you haven’t already.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Sorry to jump onto this, but we are 3 users and need to up-date our desktop PC's. Does anyone recommend what specification would be best for speed ?

Comment

Working...
            X