Adding a 'chat with us' code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a 'chat with us' code

I want to add a pop up 'chat now' onto the site. I have a snippet of code (ClickDesk) which I apparently need to add just before the /body tag

It needs to be visible across the whole site of course .. which page/file do I need to add it to? I don't seem to be able to find an appropriate 'page'.

thanks,
    David

In the Content Tree, select the Home icon.
    Click the Design tab and you should get a Layout Code pane containing lots of HTML type code.
    At the bottom left of that pane are a set of arrows. Click the ^ arrow until you can't go any further.
    You should now be looking at your outer layout.
    Scroll Layout Code pane to the bottom and there's your </body> tag.
    Before putting your code in, try putting something simple like <h2>Testing</h2> above the </body> tag and check that you can see it when you Preview a page.

The Starter Guide has a section "The Design Tab" that may be of use.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

As always Norman, you are exactly right and thankfully straightforward with your help. Many thanks indeed. It has been a long time since I needed to fiddle with Sellerdeck code .. and you've put me back on track.

Comment

Just a add .. I've added the code .. oddly it allows the chat pop up thing to appear on every page EXCEPT the home page .. though checking the page source file the code is there.

Is the home page treated differently somehow?

Comment

A link to the site would be useful.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Normal, will add a link as the site goes live .. currently the new version isn't quite ready

Comment

Working...
            X