Is this an error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an error?

The Sellerdeck download page currently says this under the latest release of v18.1.

Sellerdeck Desktop v18 (v18.1.1)

The latest version of Sellerdeck Desktop. Notes of feature updates are available in the Release Notes.

IMPORTANT: this release requires a v16.1.x licence key; contact your Sellerdeck account manager if you did not upgrade to v16.1.0.
    Based on this, I did the download and was surprised when it asked me for a new license key, as I have upgraded to v16.1 a long time ago.

Now I have looked again and notice that the download for v16.1 says:

Sellerdeck Desktop 2016 (v16.1.1)

Notes of feature updates are available in the Release Notes.

IMPORTANT: this release requires a v18.1.x licence key; contact your Sellerdeck account manager if you did not upgrade to v18.1.0.
    So I realise now that the notes are wrong, the license key information is the wrong way round, and I now need to roll-back to my previous version.

Can someone please tell me how I do that, as quickly as possible?

Thanks,
    PB
    Kind regards,
    Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
    http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

i noticed that they were flipped back then... thought they would've noticed it and changed it by now...

i assume you made a snapshot before the upgrade?

Comment

Yes I did. I've worked it out now. I've had to uninstall, reinstall from the old version, reload the snapshot for each of my sites, and then apply the ad hoc changes required, before republishing everything.

Not happy.

Thanks for replying.

PB
      Kind regards,
      Phil Benjamin

Comment

Another quirky issue in the world of Sellerdeck.

I have come to accept that Sellerdeck is not a polished package and now tread with caution before doing anything.

always expect the unexpected with Sellerdeck, and never back yourself into a corner as it can take months for Sellerdeck to rectify an issue, if it is rectified at all.

it is frustrating when you have spent hours trying to resolve something that was a mistake, especially this one that would have been resolved with a few minutes of proof reading prior to release.
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Some sympathy from the void of cyberspace is always appreciated!
          Kind regards,
          Phil Benjamin

Comment

Hi all,

Apologies if this wasn't clear.

I've updated the text based on your feedback.

Thanks,
            Josh
            Josh Barling
            CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

It was clear.

It was wrong.

Thank you for updating it.

PB
              Kind regards,
              Phil Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
                Hi all,
                I've updated the text based on your feedback.
                Josh, it seems that there is too much reliance on users to debug the software. Software notes that are so wrong really isn’t acceptable when a silly mistake can cause problems for users wasting hours trying to resolve.

For instance I now have Sellerdeck payments without the security check. I knew this was going to happen but I am apprehensive to upgrade my sites to work with Opayo as my last upgrade stopped me taking payments all together. What new terror will I find in the new upgrade if I proceed?

We need more quality control with the product so that we can have the confidence that we had years ago.
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post

Josh, it seems that there is too much reliance on users to debug the software. Software notes that are so wrong really isn’t acceptable when a silly mistake can cause problems for users wasting hours trying to resolve.

For instance I now have Sellerdeck payments without the security check. I knew this was going to happen but I am apprehensive to upgrade my sites to work with Opayo as my last upgrade stopped me taking payments all together. What new terror will I find in the new upgrade if I proceed?

We need more quality control with the product so that we can have the confidence that we had years ago.
                  Hi Jason,

I believe its a positive that Sellerdeck offers a forum for its users and is constantly monitoring to make improvements across the company.

I actually didn't believe the previous text was misleading, although I understood what it meant because I've been close to the decisions, but I was happy to be redirected and update after feedback.

We've spent a lot of time managing the communications around the ceasing of The Third Man including calling every customer at least twice. The service was cancelled by Mastercard and completely out of our control, as many things are in the payment industry.

I would recommend setting up a test website to upgrade your sites and testing the core functionality.

Thanks,
                  Josh.
                  Josh Barling
                  CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Working...
                  X