Hidden Products not adding / staying in basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Products not adding / staying in basket

Got an issue that is causing some problems.

We have a lot of hidden products that are duplicated around our site, all has been working just fine for years, you can add them to basket and check out.

Now for some reason SD is allowing them to be added to the basket but they dont stop in there ! so you add the product to the basket then go off the page and add something else and it removes the product OR even of you just look at another product it empties the basket.

Just 1 product that it happens to > https://www.pjme.co.uk/acatalog/Apri...7.html#SID=472

I have been onto support since Friday with no joy so far.

If i copy the hidden product and past as a new product in a different section ( not as a hidden product) it works as it should.

Tried a compact data base numerous website refreshes still the same.

Any Idea's as we are loosing a lot of sales

It’s an odd one. It almost looks as if the script you are using to add to cart without leaving the page isn’t actually adding it to the cart.

i.e you press ‘add to cart’ and it shows as having added it to the cart but when you view the shopping cart it isn’t there.

Could it for some reason be adding the hidden product to the cart summary cookie without adding it to the session file? I can’t think why it might be doing that, all the urls look right. At least on my iPad, I’m away this week.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You might try using the option where you add to the cart and it shows the cart straight away. At least as a work around to see if that works.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

PJ. Cart appears to be working now on duplicates. Did you change something?
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
          PJ. Cart appears to be working now on duplicates. Did you change something?
          Yes Norman Support finally came back with a fix,

This was there reply along with some code that i have omitted

The issue is due to a bug in the software. Our developer has provided the following fix. The problem was that when a product was not visible to the Retail price group and a duplicate product is ordered where the original of the duplicate was in a hidden section then the duplicate was thought not to be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
            It’s an odd one. It almost looks as if the script you are using to add to cart without leaving the page isn’t actually adding it to the cart.

i.e you press ‘add to cart’ and it shows as having added it to the cart but when you view the shopping cart it isn’t there.

Could it for some reason be adding the hidden product to the cart summary cookie without adding it to the session file? I can’t think why it might be doing that, all the urls look right. At least on my iPad, I’m away this week.

Mike
            Thanks for your Input Mike, support found the issue in the end, although nothing had changed with the site so confused as to why this "bug" came about.

Comment

Working...
            X