Swift Template or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swift Template or not

I have a licence fo Sellerdeck V18.0 from 2 years ago but never got around to creating a site on it and have contoinued with my old v9 version, when I looked last year I wasn't overly impressed with the supplied templates.
    I now intend to make a strat but before I spend time on my V18.0 version is it worth taking over cover to get the upgrade to v18.1 and access to the Swift template

Is the Swit template now generally considered the best option or does it still have too many issues and not worth the cost of upgrading
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Remember you will need the fix for SD payments by October 4th if you do not go to 18.2.
    I love swift but needed a lot of expert help to convert from a standard theme.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

This from Sellerdeck:

If you are not on the latest version of Sellerdeck Desktop (v16.1.1, v18.1.1 or higher) you must take action now to ensure you can continue to receive card payments. Without taking action you will not be able to receive card payments.

From 4th October 2021 Sellerdeck Payments powered by NMI will enforce a security upgrade.

This upgrade has already been applied to v16.1.1 & v18.1.1 and all subsequent versions – meaning if you are on these versions there is no action required.

NOTE: Sellerdeck Payments powered by Opayo is not affected and there is no action if you use this payment gateway.
      As regards Swift (which is excellent by the way), as with all generic templates to get the most out of it and to have it work well with your business identity it is extremely useful to enlist the help of a designer used to working in Sellerdeck. There is a list of us here: http://portal.sellerdeck.co.uk/index...gory/directory

In addition Sellerdeck themselves offer a design service https://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/how-we-...d-development/
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer
      SellerDeck Website Designer
      Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
      Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
        Remember you will need the fix for SD payments by October 4th if you do not go to 18.2.
        I love swift but needed a lot of expert help to convert from a standard theme.
        Yes, this is why I am looking again now, as I am using V9 so no fix available, without changing to a completely different payment option

Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
          This from Sellerdeck:

As regards Swift (which is excellent by the way), as with all generic templates to get the most out of it and to have it work well with your business identity it is extremely useful to enlist the help of a designer used to working in Sellerdeck. There is a list of us here: http://portal.sellerdeck.co.uk/index...gory/directory

In addition Sellerdeck themselves offer a design service https://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/how-we-...d-development/
          Yes, I am hoping to get something up and running quickly with a majority of my best selling products to keep running, then employee a designer to improve the design and layout
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

AFAIK Sellerdeck have sorted most of the problems with Swift.

I don't use it because I've put a lot of effort into optimising my earlier V18 and I really don't want to go through the while thing again with Swift.

If I was in your position though I would probably go straight for the Swift option.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks, I know previouly I had read about various issues and didn't want to jump in only to find I am spending weeks trying to get things to work.
              Sounds like Swift is the way to go
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Swift v2 is available now for new implementations. It fixes most of the issues with v1, and all of the significant ones.

We are working on a Desktop extension to upgrade Swift v1 sites, which is a bit delayed but should be available within a few weeks.
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                  Swift v2 is available now for new implementations. It fixes most of the issues with v1, and all of the significant ones.

We are working on a Desktop extension to upgrade Swift v1 sites, which is a bit delayed but should be available within a few weeks.
                  Ok, so if I took out a cover contract I could get access to the Swift v2 immediately

P.S. Is the Swift template included with the 30 day trial version or a separate request only provided with a cover contract and not available under the 30 day trial
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Yes, that's right. Swift is included with Cover or Sellerdeck 365. It's not included with the 30 day trial version.
                    Bruce Townsend
                    Ecommerce Product Manager
                    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                      Swift v2 is available now for new implementations. It fixes most of the issues with v1, and all of the significant ones..

I have just taken out a new cover contract and was provided with V1 of the Swift template. can you confirm if V2 is actually available yet
                      Darren Guppy
                      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post

I have just taken out a new cover contract and was provided with V1 of the Swift template. can you confirm if V2 is actually available yet
                        Hi Darren,

Swift v2 is available for new installations, I'll ask a colleague to check that you've been sent v2 and if not I'll request they send one straight away.

Thanks, Josh
                        Josh Barling
                        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post

Hi Darren,

Swift v2 is available for new installations, I'll ask a colleague to check that you've been sent v2 and if not I'll request they send one straight away.

Thanks, Josh
                          Thanks Josh, I had emailed them back but still not got any replies

The link I was given goes to "swift_official_v1.0.0.030320_2149.acd", which appears to be V1 and not v2

My old version will no longer accept payment after 4th Oct so keen to get the new version ASAP
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post

Thanks Josh, I had emailed them back but still not got any replies

The link I was given goes to "swift_official_v1.0.0.030320_2149.acd", which appears to be V1 and not v2

My old version will no longer accept payment after 4th Oct so keen to get the new version ASAP
                            Hi Darren,

I'll prompt the team and ensure you receive it today.

Thanks, Josh
                            Josh Barling
                            CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Link received now, thanks
                              Darren Guppy
                              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                              X