18.06 to 18.12 process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18.06 to 18.12 process

I know this is basic but need to do this because of the SD payments security update issue, just want to clarify the actual procedure to correctly upgrade an existing working version of 18.06 to 18.12.

I have 18.06 on a pc working fine.

Do not uninstall the current 18.06?

Download 18.12 and click run?

Follow ant onscreen prompts?

Input authorisation key when asked?

Launch v18 and it should upgrade my existing 18.06?

I tried the above on my older laptop and now the sellerdeck loading window disappears. Its old so could be the laptop so I'm anxious about doing this on my main machine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 18.06 but it fails saying a newer version detected despite the uninstalling.

I just want to be sure of the steps to do in the correct order and way.

Thank you
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

You will be safe to just run the SD 18.1.2 installation program without having to remove anything. It will ask you for your 18.1 authorisation key and then run the upgrade process on your site. As you're on 18.0.6 there are no layout changes and a small change to CSS.

You should bear in mind that PayPal Website Payments will no longer work in 18.1 - if you use that payment method then you will need to implement PayPal Commerce instead. This, in itself, is a bit of a faff and can be tricky if you (or your developer) have made any amendments to the checkout pages or the CSS for them. On a vanilla site the implementation of PayPal Commerce seems to work perfectly.

Also bear in mind that, if you use customer accounts, they will lose their default payment method if it is set to PayPal Website Payments and they probably won't be able to place orders until you set a new default and upload. SD Support are looking at this.

If you are upgrading just to fix the SD Payments by NMI security upgrade then I think that SD have provided a fix so you can carry on using it with 18.0.6 (I might be wrong on this.... I didn't take much notice of that as I've ugraded my sites and in the middle of upgrading my client's sites to 18.1.2)

As always, take a snapshot or two before you start work in case you need to uninstall everything and reinstall 18.0.6 (I know that sounds a bit dramatic and almost certainly won't be necessary but I've been developing software for 40 years and worked with SD for over 15.... I've experienced both sides of that fence!)
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thanks Goz I have PayPal commerce all working so one less headache!
      I have lots of issues with an open ticket for weeks with account customers still being able to access payment methods I have unchecked!

I tried that upgrade on my laptop and it failed hence my fear of proceeding on the main machine

Comment

If you're happy to send me a snapshot I will run it through the upgrade process here and see if there is anything unusual
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thanks goz I have my developer on it now, much appreciated, I believe the software is fine most likely me missing something

Comment

Update
            it was a setting in AVG in hacker attacks where the selection needed to be changed from public to private network.
            Odd it never affected 18.06

Comment

Working...
            X