'Find Next in Code' button is greyed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Find Next in Code' button is greyed out

Would anybody know why, when I am doing a search for text in 'Design Libary | Layouts', the 'Find Next in Code' button is greyed out?

I use this option quite often, however in the last few days the button has been greyed out and I've not been able to use it. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Find Next In Code button greyed out.gif
Views:	107
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	554735

It's been that way for me since at least V14. The [ ] Code checkbox controls that option so the dedicated button is redundant.
    Looks like SD just disabled it rather than removed it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you, Norman. I obviously hadn't put two and two together to realise that the [ ] Code checkbox would now do the same as the button that's greyed out. For me, I don't really notice things getting changed in the background over the years until I come to use them!

However, I've just realised that where I have been using the button recently is actually in the 'Split View Layout | Layout Code' window (below) and not where I mentioned above ('Design Libary | Layouts'). Seems odd that the button hasn't been greyed out on there too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Find Next In Code button not greyed out.gif
Views:	72
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	554742

Attached Files

Comment

It's the same in v11 - and, I strongly suspect, since the Library was first added in v8. You seem to be the first person who's noticed - or at least the first to mention it! Well spotted!

I think it's just a bit of untidy design, actually. 'Find Next in Code' only works in the Code Editor. And AFAICS, 'Find Next' only works from the 'Design Library' dialog. The one is greyed out when it's out of context, the other isn't. IMO there could just have been one 'Find Next' button that functioned contextually, depending where the dialog was opened from. Maybe the programmer just ran out of time...
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thank you, Bruce.

Comment

Working...
          X