Crash on checking SHA package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash on checking SHA package

My V18 / Swift v1 crashes on publish to web on checking SHA package approx checking HTML page 47 - this has gone on since last November but sadly support cannot find why, second attempt after letting it not respond then closing usually works, many thanks.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Crikey Ed, This is still going on?

I just reread your original thread here https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...91-help-please and from the sound of it I think Goz's suggestion of there maybe being a corrupt order somewhere in the database sounds like it could be the best thing to investigate.

Have you tried to approach Sellerdeck support about them issuing you a temporary multi site licence? I was just thinking if you could create a duplicate of your site on a spare / test domain you could gradually archive orders and see if you reach a point where the crashing goes away.

Its got to be worth a try and seeing if they can help you fix it.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike - I removed many years of orders in hope but sadly that did not help

Comment

OK. Well that brings me to my next suggestion.

If you have the opportunity to use a test site you should be able to start with a clean slate and import the design, site and orders & customers independently to see if its possible to identify the bit that's causing the crash (and it might even solve it by eradicating any fields that have an incorrect value in them).

It's definitely going to be a bit of work but I suspect it's going to need an investigative approach to find and solve the problem you're having.

Comment

Yes sadly that may be the only option, you would hope support would have taken these steps by now though!

Comment

I agree. I would offer to take a look for you but I don't have a license for swift so not sure that would work.

Sellerdeck would need your full site including orders to take a look for you. Maybe for privacy concerns it would be easier for them to lend you a multi-site licence.

Comment

They've had snapshots, various traces and even a video of it happening but alas no progress. Thanks again Mike, I guess I will have to make time to start elimination.
              I hoped the title saying SHA package crash might ring a bell with someone as support did loosely hint they had seen it before...

When it does work it skips checking html page 48, how I find wht page that is I do not know...

Comment

I think Sellerdeck generates pages in sequential order. So section by section and each product page within a section.

So it should be something along the lines of

- home page and all the info pages
                - catalog section 1 and all the product pages within section 1
                - catalog section 2 and all the product pages within section 2
                - etc

If you think about it there's a lot happening in parallel when you start an upload so it's hard to get much of an idea what it is that is causing the crash from how far it gets.

- Sellerdeck will make a connection to your web server and check everything is set up correctly and ready to proceed.
                - Sellerdeck will download any new orders and add them to the database
                - Sellerdeck will check any filtering details and how that integrates into your pages
                - Sellerdeck will look at all the marketing options and start generating the data for those
                - Sellerdeck will start generating and checking the web pages. creating any pre-filtering data that's needed and running all the php code that's used in blockifs etc..

So basically it's kicking off processes that involve every aspect of the database and all the data that's in there.

I think the only big clue we have at the moment is that Sellerdeck can't reproduce the problem in a support snapshot that doesn't include your order history or customer data which suggests the problem could well be there.

Have you tried running sellerdeck on another computer? That's another avenue to check just in case it's that simple.

Comment

Thanks Mike - they have had the crashing but cannot find why, my developer also had the crashing but less so, I have installed on another machine but have not tried uploading from that one as yet but I suppose that is a next step

Comment

In a way that is progress as the last I'd seen was that they hadn't been able to reproduce it. You'd think they would have done a bit of investigation to try and pinpoint where the problem is coming from.

If the crashing frequency varies by machine then it might be worth checking the specs of the various machines. With a lot of orders and also bought etc it might be worth trying it on a newish machine with lots of memory just in case that makes a difference. (although to be honest if it happens on three different machines then there's clearly something wrong somewhere and the best option is going to find the problem and fix it).

Comment

Mike I wonder if you could have a quick look at my network settings below, does it all look normal / as it should?

thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	troubleshooting.png
Views:	127
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	555238
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ed,

Yes, mine looks exactly the same.

I don't why they report the database being 'Microsoft Access 2000' but mine is the same.

I did check the driver on my system following the instructions here https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...g-used?t=57126 and can confirm my system is using the MS ACE database driver as it should be.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike - oddly I may have found some of the cause, far less crashes when my DPD app is not on!

Comment

Although Oddly, I seem to have two sets of MS access drivers for .mdb files installed, versions 10.00 and 16.00, I'm assuming version 10 is for my older versions of sellerdeck but I'm finding it hard to check.

I'm slightly confused though because if I use the instructions here https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...engine?t=55835 to see which driver is being used I have two entries for my V18 site, both of which point to the same ActinicCatalog.mdb file but using difference MS ACE versions.

ActinicCatalogV18 Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)

and

SellerDeckCatalogV18 Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb. *.accdb )

The second one is what it should be but why do they both exist and point to the same file?

Maybe someone else on V18 could check their troubleshooting page in Sellerdeck and report what they have for the 'Version of Catalog Database'

Mike

Comment

Hi ed we have had a similar problem on sd18 (not using swift) since November/December 2021 after apache server update the method below has not affected any orders or shipping etc.
                              Our router ip address is unlocked on server through the ftp.

1. Go to web top menu bar
                              2. Then network setup
                              3. Select use secure FTP
                              4. Then Publish to web after a few seconds on upload at html 47 sha package a warning box will appear saying the secure FTP connections are supported using the authorisation TLS method etc etc
                              5. Click the retry button and it will upload normaly sending all correct files.
                              When completed it will automatically unchecks the use secure ftp box.
                              This also corrected our auto customer invoice email
                              Once a week I publish to web normally takes about 10 to 15 minutes ignoring not responding etc Just to make sure all correct files are sent purged etc.
                              Hope this may shed some light.
                              Thanks ray

Comment

Working...
                              X