Very Slow Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
    It seems to be working again. Pretty quickly for the static urls but fairly slowly for the perl scripts.

That's a good starting point to investigate what might be causing the delay to the perl scripts.

Edit: PS. I'd get it all working nice and smoothly first and then focus a bit on the htaccess file after that. It's quite easy for the htaccess script to mess things up so it's much easier to diagnose other problems without it.
    Host-It asked about uploading a default site to see if I still get the slow perl scripts, but was only able to import the swift design snapshop but still has my products, etc so not sure that will show much
    I did upload it in Test Mode but not sure it's any better (https://www.golfteewarehouse.co.uk/a...test/acatalog/)

Any ideas how I can easily upload a full default site

I do still have a hosting package with a previous hosts (Clook Internet) can I upload to that host while still having the DNS pointing at my current Web Host Host-It?

Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

The scripts seem to be the same speed on the test site using the swift template.

If you have another domain name you can always point that to the clook server and upload to that as a test. Or register a new domain name as they're pretty cheap and the DNS tends to propagate pretty quickly these days.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

If you'd like I can email you some network settings for a test domain I have set up on 1and1 so you can see if it's sellerdeck or your server.

All you'd have to do is export your network settings to keep a copy and then import the network settings file I'll send you.

Comment

The scripts seem to be the same speed on the test site using the swift template.

If you have another domain name you can always point that to the clook server and upload to that as a test. Or register a new domain name as they're pretty cheap and the DNS tends to propagate pretty quickly these days.
          I do have a couple of other domain names I could use and point to a new server to test
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

If you'd like I can email you some network settings for a test domain I have set up on 1and1 so you can see if it's sellerdeck or your server.

All you'd have to do is export your network settings to keep a copy and then import the network settings file I'll send you.
            That would be great if you could.
            I do have some hosting with Clook but not 100% sure of the network settings

If you have time could you email them to darren @ golfteewarehouse co uk
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

On its way.

Comment

This was the reply from Host-It

"If you are wanting to test on another server then you would need to either use another domain or modify your windows host file to point at another server.

I have run a test and uploaded a default test site to https://sdtest.web8.testurl.co.uk/ which is on the same server and the Perl scripts are loading as expected, I have also setup a test site on another server ( https://sdtest.web8.testurl.co.uk/ )which is performing the same, which leads me to think that this is related to your store and the upgrade.

I have included the network settings file for the test spaces so if you do want to try uploading to these and then seeing how you get on you can do."
                "
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

It's worth testing on another domain as that will eliminate any chance of the htaccess file getting in the way.

You could also go to:

Help > Troubleshooting > View the error log

check for any errors.

Help > Troubleshooting > Web Site analysis

Check that all the perl modules are there (although with host-it I'm imagine they will be) and see if anything else stands out.

Mike

Edit: I've checked your error log and it looks OK.

Comment

Oooh. Your site is flying on my ionos hosting.

Comment

Which maybe suggests that it's not your sellerdeck setup but something else. Did you remove the htaccess file from your host-it server?

Comment

I have now uploaded the site to Mike's test domain and everything works super fast with no perl script lag
                        Darren Guppy
                        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

The test site was with SSL turned off
                          Would this be a likely cause of the issue of Perl script lag if something is not set correctly
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

It's unlikely to be the SSL.

Maybe point the host-it guys to my test domain to show it doesn't appear to be your site that's the problem and ask them to check your network settings and see if they can remove your htaccess file. From what I can see it looks as if it's still active.

Comment

Which maybe suggests that it's not your sellerdeck setup but something else. Did you remove the htaccess file from your host-it server?
                              The contents of the htaccess file is currently

Are there any parts I can remove or likely to be causing an issue

Renaming it to htaccess_old seems to make no immediate difference not sure if the effect would be instant if related to the htaccess file

Code:
                              #SSL Redirect
                              RewriteEngine On
                              RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
                              RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

# Redirect non-www urls to https://www
                              RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.golfteewarehouse\.co.uk
                              RewriteRule (.*) https://www.golfteewarehouse.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]

#Block Access to specific sellerdeck files
                              <FilesMatch "\.(htaccess|htpasswd|fil|session|authorise|mail)$">
                              Order Allow,Deny
                              Deny from all
                              </FilesMatch>
                              Darren Guppy
                              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

It's unlikely to be the SSL.

Maybe point the host-it guys to my test domain to show it doesn't appear to be your site that's the problem and ask them to check your network settings and see if they can remove your htaccess file. From what I can see it looks as if it's still active.
                                Yes have given Host-It the link to your hosting

They also provided a text domain on the same shared server and a different one

https://sdtest.web8.testurl.co.uk/index.html
                                and
                                https://sdtest.web18.testurl.co.uk/index.html

Uploaded to both and seem to super fast

I will look again at the htaccess and also compare the network settings to look for
                                any slight differences
                                Darren Guppy
                                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                                X