Retrieve Order Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrieve Order Issue

I run 5 SellerDeck websites on a Linux / CPanel server hosted by ANS.

Our order processing team stopped work as normal around 4pm and later in the evening I prepped and uploaded 2 of the websites, successfully I believe as those orders are working fine with the uploaded data and customers are placing orders for some of the newly uploaded products.

Later in the evening I tried to download orders from one of those websites and got the following error.

SellerDeck is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

I then checked a smaller, less used website which showed the same issue. I completely refreshed the website and the same message appearred right at the end of the upload process.

Both other websites which have not been uploaded are also now showing the same error.

My logic is making me think that this is a server / hosting issue as it's affecting the entire environment and that something on the server or perhaps the firewall has changed to cause this issue - we didn't do updates to either of those yesterday and have asked the hosting company to investigate (my Linux skills / knowledge are limited).

Is there anything that I've missed that you can see - I've read the sticky in the network setup sub-forum and think that everything looks alright from that.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
    HTTPPROXYUSER
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
    FTPPROXYMODE 0
    FTPPROXYADDRESS
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
    SCRIPTID 0
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST www.bggbasement.com
    WEBSITEURL http://www.bggbasement.com
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
    PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
    FTPBUFFERSIZE 4
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPKEEPALIVEINTERVAL 30000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
    ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME games
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED true
    SECURESMTPREQUIRED false
    SMTPUSERNAME
    SMTPPASSWORD
    SMTPPORT 25
    SMTPTIMEOUT 15
    COMPRESSIONPACKETSIZE 1024
    COMPRESSEDUPLOAD false
    SSLCATALOGURL https://www.bggbasement.com/games/
    SSLCGIBINURL https://www.bggbasement.com/cgi-bin/
    SSLPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../games/
    SSLFTPHOST www.bggbasement.com
    SSLFTPUSERNAME
    SSLFTPPASSWORD
    SSLPATHTOCGIBIN /www/cgi-bin/
    SSLUSEPASSIVEFTP false
    SSLFTPPORT 21
    SSLFTPSECUREFTP true
    SSLFTPENCRYPTDATA false
    CATALOGURL
    CGIBINURL
    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG
    FTPHOST
    FTPUSERNAME
    FTPPASSWORD
    PATHTOCGIBIN
    USEPASSIVEFTP false
    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG
    FTPPORT 21
    FTPSECUREFTP true
    FTPENCRYPTDATA false

Comment

Have double checked permissions.

Have changed the cgi-number, uploaded (error message repeated at end of upload) and tested - all worked ok on https - changed back cgi-number, retested again all ok after error message at end of upload. Still can't download.

Have run network wizard which comes up with an error looking for SmtpLibrary.pm but it's looking on drive C: whereas SellerDeck is installed on D: so think some hardcoding is incorrect in the Wizard at that point and doesn't let me proceed but crucially this is after the cgi-bin validation which went through without issue.

Comment

This appears to be a side effect of a server upgrade from PHP 7.3 to PHP 7.4 which happened overnight which has changed the config and also the .htaccess files. What am I looking for in those files?

Comment

SellerDeck received a request forbidden error from the web server. The server is not properly configured to allow SellerDeck to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration

Suggestions:
          - Check that this folder exists on your server in the place specified in your 'Web | Network Setup' screen and that scripts are allowed to run in it (you may need to contact your host).

Comment

I've seen similar problems in the past with an update that includes a php update although Sellerdeck itself doesn't use php on the server.

There are some tools built in to help with server problems.

The first thing I'd do is run a network test and see what that comes up with.

The other things is Help > Troubleshooting > Web Site analysis. You want to make sure that pretty much all of the perl modules are there and everything else looks OK.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Still having this issue, the .pl are running on the website so that I can search, add to cart, checkout but SellerDeck won't upload or download without error - I've tried clearing the website completely and reinstalling the bggbasement.com website and it makes no difference at all.

Comment

Tracked down via modsec_audit.log to:

POST /cgi-bin/nq000002.pl HTTP/1.1" 403 94862 "-" "-" Y5ZFSZT_6aRGihy7-b1PIAAAAAQ "-" /kidult/20221211/20221211-2102/20221211-210201-Y5ZFSZT_6aRGihy7-b1PIAAAAAQ 0 4066 md5:e55c7b04b654e35af56ac9dda2cc1708

So seems like GET commands are functioning but POST is not, given all websites affected at once still favouring a Centos / CPanel environment change as the point of failure - working my way through various settings to see which one (or more than one perhaps).

Comment

OK, managed to get this working again - not going to explain how here until I've managed to determine if what has been done is safe and if there is a better method.

Comment

Working...
                  X