Filter Results including Stock Levels ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter Results including Stock Levels ?

Hi, hope someone can give a solution to this.

I would like to have a super simple filter-result layout that just contains:

Product Ref Product Name Price Current Stock Level Add to cart Button / link to product page

And nothing else. So the filter results would just be a list of single lines. It is the stock level that I am particularly interested in getting.

This would be for a specific product group so would require a new layout creating.

An option to just have a TICK or CROSS is stock is available might be good too.

Possible ? Thanks in advance !

Hi Jez.

You could try the method described here, which should work for filter results as well as search results: https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...h-results-hack

That should enable you to include an add to cart button - but possibly only for simple products - and probably the stock status as well.

The product reference is searchable provided it's not auto-generated. So in that case you could probably include that field regardless, but I haven't tried it.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks - looks torturous. Would it be any easier if the BUY button was not required ? It is the stock level that is really required.

Comment

Also I found a reference to this: <actinic:variable name="SearchResultStock" />

Would that do it ?

Comment

Yes. If you can live without the Buy button, and you want the raw stock value and not the stock status, then you can use that variable. Be aware, though, that if the stock level falls to zero then it will show 0, not 'out of stock'. It will also show a stock level - normally 0 - if stock control is disabled for the product. And if you oversell, it will show a negative value. You would need to use some Javascript in conjunction with the variable if you want better handling for those scenarios.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X