New Sellerdeck Payments Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Sellerdeck Payments Questions

As i cannot reply on the official SD post i will ask some questions here.

Subsequent Payments

For customers with accounts, SellerdeckPay makes it very easy to take a subsequent payment from the same customer using the same card. Buyers can choose whether or not to allow their card details to be stored whether for the same order or a new one.

If a non-account customer chooses to save their card details at the checkout, and if items are later added to the same order, then the same card can be used to take an additional payment. It will not be available to use for new orders from the same customer.

If you take an offline order for an existing customer using their account details, then the customer’s previously used card(s) are offered among the payment methods.
    So i am reading this correctly, if a customer chooses to store their card details you can take additional payments though SD ? EG the customer has forgotten to add a item we can charge them for it though the desktop without the customers info ?

Where are the customers card details stored ?

Regarding security, i take it you lose the "Red/ Green" additional checks powered by credit call ?

I've signed up for Sellerdeck Pay and just waiting for the 18.2.2 release.
    I've downloaded what is supposed to be the 18.2.2 version from the Sellerdeck Pay Footer link but it's the 18.2.1 version.

One of the reasons why I couldn't sign up for the Opayo version was it would not link to NATWEST.
    Sellerdeck Pay looks much better being a Gateway AND merchant account with one fee of 1.4% +20p
    1,000 transactions of £50 would be £700 + £200 +vat

ELavon would be £25/month plus a minimum of 0.99% merchant service charge on every transaction, then add the Sellerdeck Payments gateway at £42/month.
    1,000 transactions of £50 over 12 months would be £300(EL) + £495(%) + £505(SP) = £1,300 +vat

I've got all my Clear Accept Merchant ID and API Credentials but am unable to add them to Sellerdeck.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the questions, we'll be updating the FAQ (https://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/sellerdeckpay/) with more answers over time

So i am reading this correctly, if a customer chooses to store their card details you can take additional payments though SD ? EG the customer has forgotten to add a item we can charge them for it though the desktop without the customers info ?
      Yes, though you do of course have the customer info in the order they have placed, I can have one of our account managers reach out to discuss in more detail if that would help?

Where are the customers card details stored ?
      They are PCI-DSS compliant stored in a matching 'account' within the SellerdeckPay ClearAccept platform, only a token is stored by Sellerdeck Desktop.

Regarding security, i take it you lose the "Red/ Green" additional checks powered by credit call ?
      I'm not 100% sure what you mean, for Sellerdeck Payments (NMI/CreditCall) the fraud system was dropped some time ago due to the system provider, Mastercard, sunsetting the service.

I've got all my Clear Accept Merchant ID and API Credentials but am unable to add them to Sellerdeck.
      You can download the 18.2.2 release here (https://portal.sellerdeck.co.uk/sell...top/downloads/), can you let me know the link you followed that sent you to the wrong version so we can fix it?

Steve Wardell
      Operations Director

Comment

I did notice the "latest" trial version link isn't v18.2.2
        (but scroll down a bit to see v18.2.2)

My concern on is PCI-DSS for this :

Also, you can use SellerdeckPay when you take orders over the telephone. When you click 'Confirm' on the 'New Order' tab or when you complete the 'New Order' wizard you will be taken online to a screen where you can enter and validate the customer's card details.
        Having an online only system is preferred by us... taking card numbers will introduce a lot more questions for PCI-DSS...
        eg. How are the numbers taken (if taken offline, it's written on a piece of paper), is the room secure, who has the key to the room(s), is the PC updated? are the passwords changed xx days etc etc...

Comment

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
          I did notice the "latest" trial version link isn't v18.2.2
          (but scroll down a bit to see v18.2.2)

My concern on is PCI-DSS for this :

Having an online only system is preferred by us... taking card numbers will introduce a lot more questions for PCI-DSS...
          eg. How are the numbers taken (if taken offline, it's written on a piece of paper), is the room secure, who has the key to the room(s), is the PC updated? are the passwords changed xx days etc etc...
          SellerdeckPay is level 1 PCI DSS Compliant in all scenarios. The telephone order card capture is through the browser, which is hosted by ClearAccept. You'll be redirected from Sellerdeck Desktop to the browser, which then links the details to the order.

Hope that's clearer, I'll update that FAQ to include the fact its PCI compliant.

Thanks for your feedback.
          Josh Barling
          CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Originally posted by swardell View Post
            Hi
            1. Yes, though you do of course have the customer info in the order they have placed, I can have one of our account managers reach out to discuss in more detail if that would help?
            2. I'm not 100% sure what you mean, for Sellerdeck Payments (NMI/CreditCall) the fraud system was dropped some time ago due to the system provider, Mastercard, sunsetting the service.
            1 sort of not makes much sense ? i am surprised that you can make additional payments with out the customers authorisation is what i am getting to, that seams a security issue.

2 I was talking about the fraud risk and checks that we get.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SD-pay.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	555872

Comment

The ability to take additional payments has been fairly common for ages and the last time I looked at proper merchant account fee structure the charges were a touch higher to account for the extra risk.

Obviously you should only take an additional payment with the customers permission.
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post

SellerdeckPay is level 1 PCI DSS Compliant in all scenarios. The telephone order card capture is through the browser, which is hosted by ClearAccept. You'll be redirected from Sellerdeck Desktop to the browser, which then links the details to the order.
                Hi Josh,

I'm not querying the compliance of SellerdeckPay

However, we need to be compliant on our end as we are taking/handling card numbers and processing it via our devices/network

It would be nice if there was a on/off switch for that function.
                - when that is "off", we are sure with absolute certainty that any breach was not from our site/network

Comment

Am I missing something? Additional payments can only be made to the same account as the original one so I'm not really understanding the concerns about abuse or lack of traceability.

Sorry, my reply was about the additional payments side of things rather than the process for capturing card details.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I have been able to download 18.2.2 successfully now, thank you.
                    I can see the Sellerdeck Pay option at the top of the long list of Payment Providers.
                    I wanted to make sure the ClearAccept option was best for me so I created a spreadsheet of the Sellerdeck Payments Options and added the Merchant costs for Eleavon into the equation to get a like-for-like comparison.
                    Sellerdeck Pay / ClearAccept has its place but is limited to the lower end of the order value and quantity of monthly orders.
                    I have highlighted the best value options in the green cells.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X