Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collect in Store customer email journey

Hi everyone

I have done a fair bit of digging on this and have found fragments of answers scattered around the forum, but most of them seem fairly old now. In short, I am wondering if there is a more up to date implementation guide on how to set up Collect in Store for the customer as a delivery option, making sure the whole customer journey is considered?

I know how to set up the new shipping class 'Collect in Store' and mark it as free shipping, but i have a few questions that I am unsure on.

Q1 - is it possible/advisable to hide the Shipping address details in the checkout process? (That said, inputting the address details comes before choosing delivery method, so probably best to leave as is?)

I can use the knowledge base article to add the chosen shipping class to an email https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ail#post289636

Q2 - in the order confirmation email or order shipped email, is it possible to automatically change the content of the email when someone chooses to Collect in Store?

Currently, the default email for order shipped looks something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	order_shipped.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	555893

When an order is Collect in Store, what i would like to do is make sure the wording is changed to something like "Your order is now available for collection store..." and some T&C's/instructions on what the customer has to do next.

Is that possible? And if so, how would I go about achieving it?

Any pointers gratefully received! Thanks, Adam

Hi Adam

Q1 - Unfortunately you can't conditionally hide the shipping address based on the delivery method. That would require a significant change to the checkout code.

Q2 - You can't change the content of the email based on the delivery method. However, it's very easy to create a different email template that can be used for Collect In Store. You would just have to train order processors to use it.
    1. From the 'Mail' tab of any order, click 'New' and then 'Manage Layouts'
    2. Select the 'Order Shipped ...' Inner Layout and click 'Copy'
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Manage-email-layouts.png Views:	0 Size:	310.0 KB ID:	555920
    3. Click 'Rename' and change the name to something like 'Collect In Store Inner Layout'
    4. Click 'Edit' and change the text to whatever you want, being careful to keep all of the variables
    5. Click 'OK' and 'Done'. This template is now saved and can be used for future orders of this type
    6. Click 'Cancel' if you're not intending to send an email for the current open order
    I hope that helps
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I think it was the training part for the despatch team I was hoping to avoid, as it adds further steps into the process.

I was hoping to continue to use One Click Order Processing, but that it would detect a Collect in Store order and send out the correct message accordingly.

Possibly a well worded email that has relevant information for either scenario is the simplest method for now. But I'll play around with the email templates anyway now I know where I'm looking!

Thanks again, Adam

Comment

Working...
      X