Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I not display the PayPal 'Debit or Credit Card button'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I not display the PayPal 'Debit or Credit Card button'.

I have just upgraded my site from v18.1 to v18.2.

I do not want to show the PayPal 'Debit or Credit Card button' on the checkout pages. I thought that this would be hidden by disabling it in the business settings. See attached - any ideas?

Attached Files
    Regards
    David

From the look of it you haven't disable credit or debit cards, just the facility for people to pay in stages using paypal credit.

What payment options have you set up?

If you're using paypal ecommerce then that's the option that enables processing debit or credit cards via paypal.

Mike

PS. 'Additional methods' seems to be enabled. I have that disabled on mine but I've no idea what it does.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike - regarding 'What payment options have you set up?'

Do you mean within the PayPal portal?
      Regards
      David

Comment

I see "Additional methods" = "enabled"
        what is this?

Comment

Hi david,

As I said, I've no idea what 'Additional methods' does but it's there on the image of your configurations options.

I was asking about the payment options methods to try and see if there are any clues to what your problem might be. I don't have the same problem you do so I'm just trying to work out what might be causing it by asking for more info.

Anyway, thinking about the past when I was just using paypal standard I think that might be the usual image. If I remember correctly both images take you to paypal where customers can either pay via paypal or using a credit / debit card (although unsurprisingly paypal will encourage visitors to open a paypal account if they want to pay by card)

Sorry I can't be more help.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I do not want to show the PayPal 'Debit or Credit Card button' on the checkout pages
            If you mean the buttons on the first page of the checkout (address entry), you could delete - or comment out, to be on the safe side - the whole of the BLOCKIF near the top of the "Order 00 Bulk Area RWD" layout (Lines 10 - 40 on my setup, yours may differ).

You can also do a similar thing to remove the PayPal buttons from the shopping cart: In layout "View Cart Area Bulk Area RWD", find this
            Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPayPalCheckoutEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSSLUsedForWholeSite%22%20%2f%3e" ><div id='idPayPalButtons'><p>- or -</p><actinic:variable name="PayPalCheckoutButtons" /></div></actinic:block>
            and comment it out. It's Line 52 on mine.

Always make a backup copy before making any changes.

John
            John Ennals
            www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

PayPal Checkout offers a number of payment options which are accessed via Smart Buttons. These buttons are presented by PayPal based on currency and geographic location. The buttons include payment methods such as SOFORT, iDEAL, Giropay and others.
              The 'Additional methods' option enables or disables these additional methods.

PayPal may offer card payments in 3 different ways using the current Sellerdeck integration with PayPal Checkout: -
              • By adding the payment method 'PayPal (Cards)' in Sellerdeck Desktop
              • When the PayPal button is clicked, the buyer may be offered the option to pay as a guest (no PayPal account). This option should be avoided. Sellerdeck cannot disable this option however the option can be disabled via the merchant's PayPal account. If 'PayPal (Cards)' is enabled in Sellerdeck Desktop then the guest option should be disabled on the PayPal account.
              • PayPal may choose to present a black 'Credit/Debit Card' button - this option is not supported by Sellerdeck as we support the first option

To disable the Guest option, open your PayPal account settings, look for 'Website Preferences', click to update, look for “PayPal account optional” setting and disable it.

The black button cannot be turned off from the PayPal account, it can however be disabled from the web site and should be automatically. If anybody is seeing the black credit card button then I suggest raising a support ticket with us so we can examine why it is not being hidden

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
              SellerDeck.

Comment

Has something happened with Paypal - it used to be pretty much our primary payment method, but at the start of this week sales using Paypal dropped off a cliff - when I looked they were all in the "pending" tab. So I tested it and to my horror found that clicking the paypal button on the first phase of checkout did not work. It went to the paypal login box, but when it returned to the checkout page of my site, it was erroring saying something about the county or region was not right, but there was no way to change anything.
                I have removed the button for now to force customers to go through the checkout and pay with card.
                Sellerdeck - has something changed with Paypal in the last week ? Or what else could be the problem. I have not changed anything.

Comment

When using PayPal in this way Sellerdeck has no control over the accuracy of the shipping address that PayPal returns. In particular PayPal may return a County name, nothing or some other user supplied text for the State/County/Province. This is not a problem unless you have regions defined for the UK and shipping depends on the region.

This has been an issue since the first integration of PayPal Express and the same problem affects PayPal Checkout (the currently supported PayPal integration) and Amazon Pay.

We provide 2 solutions. The Shipping by Postcode extension is the best solution as it can be configured to map post code groups to the user defined UK regions thus removing the dependency on the State/County/Province address field.
                  The other solution is built into the standard scripts and layouts. When the buyer arrives at the Shipping Confirmation page and the shipping cannot be determined, the buyer is prompted for the appropriate UK region in the same way as it is requested if using the Sellerdeck Checkout address page. This solution is in v18 and be in v16 but not all versions.

Nothing that I'm aware of has changed at PayPal that would cause a change in behaviour and if no changes have been made in Sellerdeck Desktop then I cannot see why there would have been a change in behaviour.

Have you recently upgraded Sellerdeck, changed the UK regions, changed shipping or changed any layouts relating the Shipping Confirmation page?

If you are unable to determine why this has happened or how to fix it then if you can pass this to support for my attention then I will be able to investigate further

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
                  SellerDeck.

Comment

Thanks - we use Shipping By Postcode already and have done for some years.
                    I have not changed anything in these checkout, shipping areas.
                    We have not upgraded.
                    The actual error is "The country/region combination you selected is invalid", and then it is imposible to do anything.
                    We would normally get 30 + paypal orders a day, suddenly went to zero ever night.
                    Could it be a bum upload, but saying that we upload every night.

Comment

Another customer has reported the same problem this morning for which we are starting to analyse.

Can you share your site URL here or raise a support ticket at https://sellerdeck.atlassian.net/ser...tomer/portal/4

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
                      SellerDeck.

Comment

OK THANKS I have logged a support ticket.

Comment

NEWS – I just went into Extensions, Shipping by POSTCODE – and guess what there is NOTHING THERE. Zero data. It has all gone.

There would normally be loads of postcode regions in there.

So – could that be the reason ? Sounds possible.
                          So – where has it gone and how can we get it back ?

Comment

That certainly would impact the payment process. I'll get somebody to look into how/why this could happen

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
                            SellerDeck.

Comment

Thanks - I could really do with info about where the data is and how to get it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X