Checkout VAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout VAT

I wonder can the checkout and basket show inclusive VAT prices?
    Mine shows the full breakdown which often confuses customers.
    I want to retain correctly formatted VAT invoices which so far is all the options I can see.
    Thank you
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Unfortunately the price display in the checkout has to reflect the way prices are entered in the catalogue. So if you enter product prices inclusive of VAT, that's what the checkout will use, and vice versa. Given the huge variety of tax and shipping options that Desktop supports, I think the checkout would become impossibly complex if it had to reverse all the tax calculations as well. You would also get all sorts of rounding discrepancies that would be impossible to reconcile.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Bruce, if I changed it to enter product prices inclusive would this then show ok in the checkout as inclusive?
      More importantly selecting inclusive would not hopefully change product prices themselves but simply be inclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
        Thanks Bruce, if I changed it to enter product prices inclusive would this then show ok in the checkout as inclusive?
        More importantly selecting inclusive would not hopefully change product prices themselves but simply be inclusive?
        I think you will be a bit disappointed..... it won't change the prices to include that VAT. Andy at Codepath has a piece of software to manage prices and you could use that to add the VAT to the price in bulk. Have a chat with him about it.
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thanks Goz, I have VAT on everything as we are VAT registered and invoices show the breakdown. What I don't like is the cart that shows the ex vat prices confusing customers until it totals it at the bottom.
          Most carts simply show it inclusive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230404_213951_Chrome.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	556013
          Attached Files

Comment

I know. My site www.canalshop.co.uk originally had prices entered as ex-VAT and it was showing the ex-VAT prices on the customer documentation and then adding the VAT. I went through the pain of converting to prices entered as including VAT to make sure my customers saw a VAT inclusive price (although there is a line that says "Including VAT of......"). To be fair, using Codepath's Price Manager made the job straightforward and it took about 15 minutes.
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

So I guess if I change the setting enter prices inclusive it messes every price up globally through the site!

Comment

That's correct. Just changing the setting won't change all of the product prices. The checkout will no longer add VAT to them, it will treat them as including the VAT already.
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                X