Filtering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filtering?

I’m trying to set up a section with user selectable filters down the LHS of the page but I’m struggling.

I’ve created a section that’s populated with duplicate products (not in any categories) & have added variables to the products that I want to filter on. I had assumed that the filters were selected in the section page / filtering / property panel, but the variables aren’t available here. I’ve set the variables up as “list of choices” but see only “text” variables available in the property drop down.

I’ve also has a look at doing it via attributes & choices, but when the attribute is chosen from section / filtering / property, the property value field is prepopulated with one of the choices & can’t be adjusted.

Tried setting filters up via settings / search & filtering & while it looks like I can do this the section filtering page under “details of filter” only seems to offer one type of filter from those available, but I would be looking for 5 or 6.

Read help front to back, looked at the AUG & in here, but I’m not getting anywhere quickly – any advice appreciated.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

You have to create a filter in 'settings / search & filtering' and then you add whatever properties you want to be able to filter on in the properties box on the same page. The first column in that box is where you select the variable to be used for the filtering for each property (it gives you a dropdown list to select from).

Then you select that filter in the section page where it says 'use Filter:'
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi, there are a few things to check, all in the variable definition in the Library
      1. A variable is settable at section level only if 'Section' is ticked as a Place Of Setting
      2. The panel where the variable is set is defined by the Panel Name selected. 'Properties' is the default for new variables but it can be changed
      3. For the variable to be used in filtering, 'Searchable' must be ticked
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Filter-udp.png
Views:	82
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	556030
      I hope this helps
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Appreciated folks, I'll see where I get
        Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Working...
        X