18.2.2 ok to upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18.2.2 ok to upgrade?

Sellerdeck support have advised I need to upgrade to 18.2.2.
    This is to resolve the issue where non UK orders are being placed despite me limiting location to UK.
    Are there any problems with this version?
    I do have customer accounts but they do not have pricing any different to standard.
    Thank you
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

I upgraded from 18.2.1 to 18.2.2 on 23rd February and have had no problems.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks John, do you have customer accounts?
      I did read a post that mentioned issues.

Comment

I upgraded from 18.2.0 to 18.2.2 yesterday evening 25th April and encountered a problem on 26th April.
        The site was working fine after the upgrade so I shut it down and encountered a problem after a restart of the desk top PC.
        There was no way that I could log back on to the site with the "Connecting to Sync Server..." running because the "Please log on Site1" pop up would not open.
        It's sorted after a remote session and thank you to Sellerdeck Support for their attention today.
        The explanation given was that the Sync Server needs certain ports to be open and that Norton was blocking them so they had to be re-opened.
        So working OK for now.

Martin
        Mantra Audio
        Martin
        Mantra Audio

Comment

Thanks Martin, valuble info upgrading always fills me with dread!

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
            Thanks Martin, valuble info upgrading always fills me with dread!
            Did it go ok Ed?

I plan on doing 4 over the weekend and am dreading it.
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Not braved it yet Jason. I did ask support if they offered a managed upgrade as a 365 customer because upgrading is no longer straightforward.
              Sadly no they do not and suggested I contact a developer.
              I thought that would be a nice solution as for them to remote in and do it is probably 20 mins and less costly than subsequent support time after the customer inevitably hits issues.
              Not to mention potential lost revenue if the site ends up down.
              I am concerned as I read posts about customer accounts having a fix neefed to prevent them being logged out. Reactive not proactive.

Comment

I upgraded my 3 sites a couple of weeks ago.

I had an issue with my wholesale site because I've set it up so that you need to be logged in to see prices and the add to cart button. I'd done this following instructions from the Advanced User Guide. However, because it wasn't standard Sellerdeck functionality it wasn't tested for during QA before release. This is now "fixed" and all 3 sites are functioning fine - including using Sellerdeck Pay
                Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

Well being a coward it looks like I will have to pay to get it done!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post

I plan on doing 4 over the weekend and am dreading it.
                    I was able to upgrade my site without any problem and it worked just fine on a test order.

My problem arose following a re-start and Norton quick scan of the PC after which I could not log back onto the site and it was this that required a remote session from Sellerdeck support to fix.

If you are upgrading 4 sites, I suggest you try your least critical site first, shut down, re-start, run scans if needed and check all is OK before proceeding with the upgrade on your other sites.

Regards

Martin
                    Mantra Audio

Martin
                    Mantra Audio

Comment

Jason, personally I would do it on a weekday so at least to have support open in case.
                      I have done so many changes on a Friday and regretted it all weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                        Jason, personally I would do it on a weekday so at least to have support open in case.
                        I have done so many changes on a Friday and regretted it all weekend!
                        Hi Ed, I really get this. Only issue is I don't have time during the working week. If I'm not in the workshop I'm not earning, so it has to be weekends, and of course the risk of it going wrong is there.

I have updated our main website, the busiest and most modified, Also rolled out a small design change as well as adding Clear Accept and Paypal pay in 3. I had to upgrade the scripts for our engraving add-on from Norman which of course he wasn't able to do. I also incorporated Norman's Delivery script, removing Sellerdecks one. (Many thanks Norman. Personal email sent a while ago rather than public post) So a lot of work in this upgrade.

Most issues were ironed out in preparation on a test server removing most of the problems. Todays upgrade took around 4 hours. It went fairly well with only a few hiccups, below.

1) Some products not showing cart button. For some reason the upgrade had unchecked "Can be ordered online box"
                        2) Problems with permutations not pricing correctly. Not sure why, or what the fix was other than I just re did them. Luckily not many products.
                        3) Total Price being added to products using permutations despite being removed in previous version. Just had to block 1 line of code.
                        4) Not all images uploading. Took a few refreshes to get them all there.
                        5) Data in some of my custom variables ended up in other variables. Not sure if upgrade issue, or design import issue.

Overall much better than I expected. The live site is https://www.titanjewellery.co.uk I will be doing a lot of testing over the weekend to try and find any little glitches. If I find any I will update the list.

Now on to the other 3 sites which hopefully will be a breeze.

Update : 3 orders within first 5 minutes on both Clear Accept and Paypal, so seems to be working ok.
                        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                        Zirconium Rings
                        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Jason, good news and a relief I bet, I have had the add to cart go on upgrades before and had to recheck can be ordered online. Only a small percentage but odd.

Comment

Working...
                          X